Fish Hatchery needs help

main forum

Moderators: Stan Wright, roadwarriorsvt

Stan Wright
King Sushi level

Fish Hatchery needs help

Postby Stan Wright » Fri May 06, 2011 5:23 pm

Hatchery Cleanup

A cleanup of the Hatchery grounds was held on March 26th. Lots of grass was cut and trees trimmed, but the big reward was the camaraderie and ono grinds we enjoyed. BIG MAHALOS to Derek, Brock, Garey, Lance, James, Kelton, Sonny and Tom Smith for coming out to help. The next cleanup is scheduled for June 26 from 9:00 till you quit (usually about 12:00). Come out and spend a half day on the site that brought the bass back to the Lake!
(from the HFFA news letter)
:D
I got to thinking... there are a lot of guys that fish Lake Wilson and enjoy the bass fishing. Many are not members of the HFFA (Hawaii Freshwater Fishing Associan) but we still benefit from all their work and the largemouth bass they stock into the lake.

What do you guys think about the idea of showing up at the next "Hatchery Cleanup" and lending a hand? I'm sure that any volunteer help we could give would be greatly appreciated. Call it giving back a little for all the fun we've had. :lol:

If you've never visited the Hatchery at Wahiawa Middle School, it is well worth the effort. Get the "nickel tour", meet some new people, and feel good because you did a little part to make Lake Wilson a better place to fish. What do say? Sunday, June 26... 9:00 AM... join the fun and help the fish hatchery.
Aloha,
Stan
8)
"Why let the truth stand in the way of a good fish story?"

roadwarriorsvt
King Sushi level

Postby roadwarriorsvt » Fri May 06, 2011 5:49 pm

I'll be there. I went to the last Hatchery clean up and really did have a good time. Lots of work, but it was nice helping the place that helps our lake. I'll be going back next time to. I need to get off me arse and join the HFFA to.

BASSTRACKER
King Sushi level

Postby BASSTRACKER » Fri May 06, 2011 6:59 pm

ditto im in, remind us prior too and ill try and be there. what do we need to bring?

roadwarriorsvt
King Sushi level

Postby roadwarriorsvt » Fri May 06, 2011 9:26 pm

Depends on what needs to be done. Last time it was weed wackers, lawn mowers, rakes, shovels, etc.

Crash
King Sushi level

Postby Crash » Sun May 08, 2011 9:11 pm

Check your PM's Stan. We'd like to try to come out and help.
Crash

Return to “General Discussion”