They Fixed the Dam

main forum

Moderators: Stan Wright, roadwarriorsvt

Stan Wright
King Sushi level

They Fixed the Dam

Postby Stan Wright » Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:13 pm

Saw a news story on KHON TV tonight. Joe Moore said the valve is fixed at the Lake Wilson dam...

The water level is being lowered to the 65 foot level. (today it was at the 73 foot level and dropping)
Dole and DLNR came to an agreement that the 65 foot level will be high enough to use the boat ramp and have enough water to keep the fish alive.

It's low enough to act as a flood control in case of a big rain storm.
"Why let the truth stand in the way of a good fish story?"

roadwarriorsvt
King Sushi level

Postby roadwarriorsvt » Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:57 pm

Time for those long back-ups down the boat ramp again! :lol: As long as the level is consistant, that would be a good thing. I'd prefer it a little higher than the 65' mark, but beggers aren't choosers.

Ca_Bass
King Sushi level

Postby Ca_Bass » Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:54 pm

I don't like it one bit! I LOVE FISHING THE GRASS!!!! Though I will admit the consistency will be nice...just wish they would have picked 73ft or, BSI should by an island. That ridge is a great spot when it's covered with water. And I love dredging crankbaits on the long point.

roadwarriorsvt
King Sushi level

Postby roadwarriorsvt » Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:59 am

A Texas or Carolina rigged worm is a proven winner there also! 8)

BASSTRACKER
King Sushi level

Postby BASSTRACKER » Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:53 am

man i wish they would leave it around 68-72ft i agree with ca, its just so nice when the islands are islands. just makes the lake feel so much bigger. but i too will be glad for some stability, guess im gonna have to get another pattern again now that the lake is changing from 75 to 65.

Ahnkochee
King Sushi level

Postby Ahnkochee » Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:56 am

Not surprising at all that DLNR made the 65 feet depth decision without any input from the public especially the fishermen. DLNR as usual the blind leading the blind. :roll:
We can start calling BSI "Boy Scout Peninsula". :?
ImageIllegitimus Non CarborundumImage

LCPointer
master baiter level

Postby LCPointer » Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:25 am

I also wish they would keep the water level at the 72 to 73 foot level. That way you can still use the dock portion of the ramp to tie to. Beaching a fiberglass hull on that worn cheese grater surface of the ramp is hard on my keel guard.

Ca_Bass
King Sushi level

Postby Ca_Bass » Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:00 pm

I cringe every time I see LCPointer at the boat ramp. I would hate to tie up there as well with a fiberglass boat.

LCPointer,
Granted I have an aluminum, but If I'm fishing alone I will sometimes beach it to the right of the ramp in the little cove. It's mostly mud, but it doesn't damge my boat. I don't wash my boat though and yours is nice and pretty. I might not want to put it in the mud either :) Too bad they don't have a nice floating dock to tie off on.

Return to “General Discussion”