BPS = Love Em/Hate Em

main forum

Moderators: Stan Wright, roadwarriorsvt

roadwarriorsvt
King Sushi level

BPS = Love Em/Hate Em

Postby roadwarriorsvt » Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:00 pm

Well, right now its "love em". A while back I ordered $100.00+ from them. After a few weeks of getting nothing but bills in the mail, I call to check on the order's status. They discovered it was stuck in BFE somewhere so they said they would ship a duplicate order out right away. Well, a week later, the original box comes in. Fast forward a month, BPS' Customer Service Dept.s duplicate order comes in! 8) Now I can catch twice as many fish! :lol: Anyone have better luck with shipping thru Cabelas?

BASSTRACKER
King Sushi level

Postby BASSTRACKER » Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:51 pm

sometimes you get the bear, and sometimes the bear gets you! maybe all the bad karma from past shipments got you some good karma!! enjoy it while you cam! hahah

LCPointer
master baiter level

Postby LCPointer » Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:04 pm

I prefer to order from Cabela's unless it's only carried by Bass Pro. I usually get my orders in 7 to 10 days depending on where the weekend falls relative to the order date. I have received some small orders placed on Sunday night and have it in my mail box by Friday. That's with their standard shipping.

I don't know about you guys but my Bass Pro stuff takes two to three weeks to get here.

skunked
King Sushi level

Postby skunked » Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:45 pm

Bass Pro standard shipping sucks! Here is a thread I made about 3 years ago.
http://www.hawaiibassfishing.com/forum/ ... light=bass
Fishing is fun only if you do it for fun.Image www.texassidewinderrods.com

Chaess
bass level

Postby Chaess » Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:54 am

I guess I should feel pretty lucky that my order got to me on time. They even sent me a member card, lol. Cabelas doesn't have some things that bps carries. That's the only draw back.

marcusn
King Sushi level

Postby marcusn » Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:29 pm

my shipping for bps took like 2 weeks i think but i got everything i ordered. my order wasnt messed up, just took long. i got a membership too.

00BLACKSS
minnow level

Postby 00BLACKSS » Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:50 pm

well, i for one am very happy they doubled your order! :D

Ca_Bass
King Sushi level

Postby Ca_Bass » Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:26 pm

I definitely prefer cabellas over BPS. I usually will load up identical shopping carts from both places and cabellas is usually $10 to $20 cheaper. And like a few have already stated I get my stuff much faster.

I once ordered a prodigy curado combo from cabellas, when I received the box it had been torn in half and the now 4ft box contained only a reel. I called cabelas and asked them if it was sent in one package, and they lady said it had. She sent me a replacement rod, because it looked like mine was stolen in the mail. I not only got that rod in 4 days but they also sent me a 2 piece 7ft med hvy rod for free. Then the next day I received a 3rd rod(probably the rod that we thought was stolen)! So all in all I received three rods and 1 reel for the price of one prodigy curado combo...pretty sweet deal if you ask me. I also think cabellas rods and reels are better quality than BPS line.

Product wise I prefer tacklewarehouse, they are almost %100 dedicated to bass fishing and carry many of the top brands products that BPS and cabellas do not. I don't like how slow their shipping is, they offer free shipping on orders over $50 I believe but not to Hawaii:( they will send you a free hat or shirt if you order over $100. Another draw back to tacklewarehouse is their inventory is sometimes off. This irritates me when I'm ordering products/lures I haven't used before and I check to make sure they're in stock and it ends up they're not....if I would have been listed correctly I would have ordered something similar that was in stock.

Ahnkochee
King Sushi level

Postby Ahnkochee » Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:06 am

Same here, much prefer Cabela's service, way quicker. BPS only when no one else carries it.
ImageIllegitimus Non CarborundumImage

Return to “General Discussion”