TV Fishing

main forum

Moderators: Stan Wright, roadwarriorsvt

Stan Wright
King Sushi level

TV Fishing

Postby Stan Wright » Mon Jan 22, 2007 8:07 am

How long does it take to film a TV fishing show...... Sometimes, forever.
Air temperature this morning was 59 degrees. Water temperature was in the low 70s causing the peacock bass to be very inactive

Ben Wong had his video camera and was following along as Chris hosted two anglers for a day of peacock bass fishing. Keith Nishioka is from Hawaii. (That's him holding the red devil.) Paul Michele is the National manager, sales and marketing for Yo-Zuri lures. He was showing us the Pen's Minnow and a few of the new lures that just came out. They ended up catching several nice peacock bass and a few red devils.... and one catfish??????

In the afternoon as the water temperature rose a little the peacock bass became a little more active. But all in all I would say they were not that aggressive. One half hearted chase and they were gone. Not the normal slashing strikes where if you miss the first hit, they keep attacking the lure.

Anyway, Ben got enough video footage for a "Peacock Bass" segment.

Aloha,
Stan

Modest_Man
bass level

Postby Modest_Man » Wed Feb 07, 2007 1:59 pm

Stan,

Did this already air? If not, do you have any idea when it will? And if it did air...any idea on how I can still watch it? :P

Jamie

Stan Wright
King Sushi level

Postby Stan Wright » Wed Feb 07, 2007 4:46 pm

I spoke with Ben last week and he said he would let me know when and where it will air.
At the moment there is a kind of shake up with "Hawaii Goes Fishing". That's why all the reruns and no new shows. (Feb. is ratings month and that's when all the new stuff is run)
At least they are still doing reruns and not off the air entirely.
Stan
"Why let the truth stand in the way of a good fish story?"

Return to “General Discussion”