senkos

main forum

Moderators: Stan Wright, roadwarriorsvt

marcusn
King Sushi level

senkos

Postby marcusn » Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:27 pm

i was wondering if anyone orders the 2 inch white senkos. was hoping someone could order some for me, ill pay for the shipping and everything i cant find them on cabelas or bass pro shops. pm me if you're willing to help me out!

Stan Wright
King Sushi level

Postby Stan Wright » Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:05 am

I went to the web site...
https://store.baits.com/home.php

where I ordered last year... there is only one color 2" Senko listed.
And it's not white. I'm thinking it might be discontinued. I'm going to write to the company and try to find out what the deal is.

The 2" Senko was originally made for the Japan market, and in the us as a panfish bait. I guess were the only place that uses them for big fish. :lol:
No one that I know fishes the Senko like we fish it.
"Why let the truth stand in the way of a good fish story?"

Stan Wright
King Sushi level

Postby Stan Wright » Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:22 am

Perhaps we could ask the "Filthyfisherman" if he could make a run of 2" white plastic "worms" for us.... everyone put in a pre-order so he won't get stuck with any extras.

We could have a contest to name the new 2" plastic worm.
(I'll donate a fishing trip to the winner)
What do you think?
:?: :?: :?:

FishOnJohnson
bass level

Postby FishOnJohnson » Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:49 am

Stan Wright wrote:I went to the web site...
https://store.baits.com/home.php

where I ordered last year... there is only one color 2" Senko listed.
And it's not white. I'm thinking it might be discontinued. I'm going to write to the company and try to find out what the deal is.

The 2" Senko was originally made for the Japan market, and in the us as a panfish bait. I guess were the only place that uses them for big fish. :lol:
No one that I know fishes the Senko like we fish it.

Actually Stan, I just ordered 5 packs of twenty from that site and the white is available. Once you click the buy now button it takes you to a different screen where you can pick between 8 different colors. Option 036 is cream white. I just bought some as recent as last week so there shouldn't be a problem. The only bad thing is the shipping cost. Well worth it to me though to catch some nice tucs!

marcusn
King Sushi level

Postby marcusn » Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:11 pm

estimate on the shipping cost? i think one pack of the 2 inch senkos is like $2.50. shipping is the one thats gonna be expensive

FishOnJohnson
bass level

Postby FishOnJohnson » Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:26 pm

You have to buy at least $10 worth of gear/lures as well, so you might as well buy at least four packs. They don't last many hookups anyway. The shipping was about $20 I believe. You'll end up paying about $30. I can check later for the exact cost. I'll be sure to post it ASAP. They are worth it regardless!

marcusn
King Sushi level

Postby marcusn » Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:28 pm

alright appreciate it! ya cant wait to get some since the tucs are starting to bite again.

FishOnJohnson
bass level

Postby FishOnJohnson » Wed Mar 30, 2011 6:42 pm

$34.96 for four packs with shipping. $11.92 for the Senkos and $23.04 for shipping...hope this helps!

roadwarriorsvt
King Sushi level

Postby roadwarriorsvt » Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:08 pm

I forget where I ordered my white ones from. I ordered about 500 or so since I heard they were being discontinued. You might as well order a substanial amount since they don't last much more than one fish, plus shipping charges are likely to be about the same.

fisher dude
King Sushi level

Postby fisher dude » Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:04 pm

anybody tried the bps 3inch worms? thats the ones i use there pretty cheap there just an inch longer than the yamamotos but they still work or sometimes i just bite an inch off. cheap shipping. is there a difference between the two? there something like 3 bucks for 18.

Ca_Bass
King Sushi level

Postby Ca_Bass » Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:46 pm

I've used the 4" bass pro senkos (stik-o's) a little bit and they work...if you are dead set on two inches you can cut/pinch them in half. I don't mind doing that. Can't imagining the fish minding a whole lot either :D

Filthyfisherman
King Sushi level

Postby Filthyfisherman » Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:25 am

Im making white 2" sticks today!!!!.. Got like three packs now ready packed... . I'll have them with me,. going try sell um at swap meet.. Ive had some problems gettting factory up and going.. But now Once its going, I can produce 1,000 plus worm a day or two.. So Let me know guys... . Been hitting Wilson almost everyday... I got the big blk dog with me... I also got other fishing stuff to sell, a whole tackle shop... Rapelas, Booyha,,Strick King,,, all Bass stuff, I got shopping east coast for deals... So give a shout.. I got lures made local and tons Bass tackle from Bass Pro and Cabelas... Oh ya... 1,000 upon 1,000's of EWG hooks all sizes... 1/0 is the match for that 2.5 stick... And drop shot hooks...

FishOnJohnson
bass level

Postby FishOnJohnson » Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:19 am

Well then, Stan does this mean the contest is on to name the new 2" worm? I'm going to have fun with this!

Stan Wright
King Sushi level

Postby Stan Wright » Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:42 pm

Sounds good to me.... What do you think Filthyfisherman? Shall we start collecting names and then set up a pole to vote on them?
"The Little White 2" Hawaiian Senko" just doesn't roll off the tongue to well. Probably a trademark problem there too.

"The Filthy Little 2" Worm" No, I can't see it.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

FishOnJohnson
bass level

Postby FishOnJohnson » Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:20 pm

Hey Stan, are you trying to win a fishing trip with yourself? Haha! Anyway, I'm still brainstorming. Right now I got the Tuc Teaser!

Return to “General Discussion”