Fishnotes app for droids and iPhones

main forum

Moderators: Stan Wright, roadwarriorsvt

Ca_Bass
King Sushi level

Fishnotes app for droids and iPhones

Postby Ca_Bass » Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:27 pm

I just downloaded Jimmy Houston's Fishnotes app to my android. I've only messed around with it a little bit but it seems pretty cool, hopefully the GPS part works when I'm on the lake, it's not working at my house. When you catch a fish, you open your fishnotes app, then press fish on. It stores your coordinates where you caught your fish, date and time to a database I guess on their website, says it's secure, but you can share it if you want. You can add either at that time lure/color, water and air temp wind, cloud cover, I even think a picture too, basically everything you would want to record. If you don't want to add all the info while you're fishing you can log in to their website at home and finish your logging. If you have face book I guess it will load your pictures to your account too or something along the sorts. Seems pretty cool, and a quick and easy way to keep fishing logs. It's not free, 10 bucks 1 time. I'm gonna give it a fair shot this month and see how I like it. After I get a feel for it I will let everyone know how I like it, that way if it sucks you don't waste 10 bucks.

Ca_Bass
King Sushi level

Postby Ca_Bass » Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:40 pm

A few more things I forgot to add, They have lunar charts, weather forecasts, and also primary and secondary feeding times. Plus a species list that is way too long and seems like a never ending tasks to delete all the fish Idon't want on their. I'm most interested to see if the feeding times they say actually are close to what they say. I know there are times when I fish 2 or 3 days in a row and the prime feeding times vary each day, even as conditions have not changed. So maybe there will be something to the chart.

marcusn
King Sushi level

Postby marcusn » Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:52 am

just watched the jimmy houston show, the one where he was catching the giant largemouths on the yum money minnow, might have to get some of those! haha he used that app one the show too.

Ca_Bass
King Sushi level

Postby Ca_Bass » Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:11 pm

That's the same episode I learned about the app too. I've been looking for a cool fishing app ever since I got a droid, and that was the best one I've seen.

Yep those money minnows were catching some hogs too! I think that has more to do with the fishery than the lure though. I think he was on guntersville which amazing for big bass from what I hear. When I move to Ga, I'm gonna have to drive down to guntersville and check it out, maybe make a weekend out of it.

Return to “General Discussion”