"Take Me Fishing" - videos

main forum

Moderators: Stan Wright, roadwarriorsvt

Stan Wright
King Sushi level

"Take Me Fishing" - videos

Postby Stan Wright » Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:04 am

These are from Texas Parks & Wildlife... (The kids are so cute)
These videos are very well done... Texas realizes the value of freshwater fishing.

Fishing for a lifetime of fun...
Take a kid fishing video. This is a must see for anyone who has kids.
http://www.youtube.com/user/TexasParksW ... hiSCC9g7xw

Take Me Fishing Video
Tips for the beginning fisherman... (now why didn't I think of that?)
http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/newsmedia/v ... ater.phtml
"Why let the truth stand in the way of a good fish story?"

Crash
King Sushi level

Postby Crash » Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:07 pm

Great videos and very informational.
Crash

Ca_Bass
King Sushi level

Postby Ca_Bass » Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:07 pm

Is there a take me fishing program here in Hawaii?

My Son is almost 3 and I love taking him fishing, he has SO much fun. I tried to keep it simple with him, but he wants to use my fancy lures and my $300 rods and reels. The last time I took him out was for catfish when the HFFA helped get some fish for the study. I tried to get him to sit down and use chicken liver but he wouldn't have it. He HAD to have a fishy (a jerkbait) on. So I took the trebles of and he just stood there casting and reeling, casting and reeling, with little breaks to look at the catfish in the livewell. I FEEL SO BAD THAT I TAKE THE HOOKS OFF!

I've tried setting him up with a swimbait or a worm rigged weedless because that doesn't terrify me when he's casting it but he HAS to have his fishy on! All he talks about are peeka bass and mouthbass. Imma catch a bigo peeka bass. I catch a mouthbass.

Roadwarrior caught me some minnows so hopefully he catches his first peeka bass tomorrow. He caught a catfish last time we fished and he was grunting the whole time he was reeling it in...it was hilarious. He also learned what tangled is..but he say tango...daddy its tango! DADDY ITS TANGO!!!!

My wife always asks me..what have you done to my boy!? I don't know if anyone has seen any of the Booyah Baits commercials? But when my son saw it he was yelling BOOYAH and pumping his arm for the rest of the day. I can't wait until my Daughter is old enough to go fishing, hopefully she enjoys it as much as my boy does. I've even got the wife into fishing nowadays, she like to pick out the "pretty" lures, her favorite lure right now is a spinnerbait. Next I'm going to teach her to use a baitcaster. When we had our Husband Vs. Wife Tournament she even made her own tackle box. She kept all the instructions from the packaging and put them in plano box. Wish I would have thought of that, especially for all my crankbaits, then I wouldn't have to guess as to how deep each one dives. Who ever knew that my crazy obsession that started I was a little kid would end up being a family pastime.

Stan Wright
King Sushi level

Postby Stan Wright » Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:09 am

I know he wants that "fishy" bait, but like you, all those hooks terrify me to.

Best recommendation... bend the barbs down on all the hooks. (Just like in the video)

That's one reason we use the little Senkos rigged weedless. Just cast them out and reel them straight in... no action necessary. Just reel fast enough to have them make a "V" wake at the surface and hang on for the strikes.
He'll get plenty of casting practice, and won't hang up in the grass and brush along the shore. And there is a very good chance he'll catch fish. My grand daughter (age 7) loves it. We have an ultra light spinning rod and reel that's just the right size for her. This is especially effective when the fish are schooling too.

If he likes "fishy" baits... I think he'll get a real kick out of live bait. Seeing all the action right at the surface only a rod length away????
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
"Why let the truth stand in the way of a good fish story?"

Return to “General Discussion”