Larger senkos?

main forum

Moderators: Stan Wright, roadwarriorsvt

Chaess
bass level

Larger senkos?

Postby Chaess » Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:29 am

Does anyone use larger senko worms? Why the smaller 2"? Where can you buy the 2"?

roadwarriorsvt
King Sushi level

Re: Larger senkos?

Postby roadwarriorsvt » Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:41 am

Chaess wrote: Why the smaller 2"?

Because the peacock bass explode on them!

Good luck finding them. They've been discontinued for sale in the US, IIRC. Peacocks generally don't hit large worms as worms aren't a part of their natural forage, but they do kill the little 2"ers for whatever reason.

BASSTRACKER
King Sushi level

Postby BASSTRACKER » Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:45 pm

the 2 inch white senkos arent fished senko style, ment to mimic a baitfish. thro em up on the bank and real em almost skippin on the surface back to the boat. ive had luck with almost any soft plastic 2-3 in bait that looks remotely like a minnow with this retrieve. bigger senkos work great for bass here too at times, also a good backup bait if something blows up on a topwater and misses.

shanai
King Sushi level

larger senkos

Postby shanai » Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:53 pm

The 2" senkos are available on Gary Yamamoto's website - have not ordered any as yet since when I tried to price them out, the shipping cost seemed kinda high.

https://store.baits.com/home.php?cat=13

Stan Wright
King Sushi level

Postby Stan Wright » Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:09 pm

That's where I get my little whit Senkos... order direct from the Gary Yamamoto site. We've tried several colors, but the white seems to work best for us. Pink is good too.

Today I just tossed them onto the shore and reeled them slowly back to the boat. Just fast enough to leave a "V" wake in the water. No other action. The LMB and PB just explode on them
"Why let the truth stand in the way of a good fish story?"

Ca_Bass
King Sushi level

Postby Ca_Bass » Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:15 pm

I got some bass pro "stick o" haven't used em yet but I think they were 3". I have a whole box of medium and large senkos that I really havent touched since I last fished on the mainland. I was thinking about giving them a go on Friday. Last time I seriously fished them was in 2006 at lake alamo in arizona.

If anyone ever gets a chance to fish lake alamo...take it, it is an awesome fishery. Lots of 3-6lb bass.

Return to “General Discussion”