Noob College Student..looking for an open back seat sometime

main forum

Moderators: Stan Wright, roadwarriorsvt

Joel
bass level

Postby Joel » Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:57 pm

Aloha HBF, I've lurked this forum a few times and decided to join. I am 23 and go to HPU, I've lived on island since 06. I spent most of my summers growing up here as well. I have been bass fishing my entire life, grew up on Table Rock Lake near Branson, MO. I have fished my share of tournaments there both day and night. If someone ever has a back seat open I'd be willing to pay costs or whatever. I have all my rods and tackle, just need someone to show me the lake. Hopefully I can contribute to the board, I regularly frequent Bassholes, Basszone, AZBasszone, and a couple other fishing boards.

shanai
King Sushi level

Postby shanai » Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:27 am

Joel,

If someone from the forum doesn't contact you directly, maybe you can go check out the HFFA - we fish the lake monthly. See our web link below:

https://sites.google.com/site/hffa808/home

BASSTRACKER
King Sushi level

Postby BASSTRACKER » Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:55 pm

joel, usually have my son out in the mornings when i go out but afternoons my back seat is empty alot, if we ever connect on a day. your welcome to share my water.

Stan Wright
King Sushi level

Postby Stan Wright » Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:28 pm

Roadwarrior, this sounds like a great deal for you. I bet he could teach you something.
:D
"Why let the truth stand in the way of a good fish story?"

roadwarriorsvt
King Sushi level

Postby roadwarriorsvt » Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:40 pm

How could I possible learn any more. Why you've taught me all you know about fishing already! :lol:

Stan Wright
King Sushi level

Postby Stan Wright » Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:53 pm

Yea, that's right... "I taught you everything I know, and you still don't know nothin."
:? :? :? :roll:
"Why let the truth stand in the way of a good fish story?"

roadwarriorsvt
King Sushi level

Postby roadwarriorsvt » Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:38 am

Ba dump bump! :lol:

Joel
bass level

Postby Joel » Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:10 pm

BASSTRACKER wrote:joel, usually have my son out in the mornings when i go out but afternoons my back seat is empty alot, if we ever connect on a day. your welcome to share my water.

I'll get with you as soon as I know I have some free time. Thank you for the offer..I'm looking forward to it!

Joel
bass level

Postby Joel » Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:27 pm

Got a fishing license today, may try to go bank fishing tomorrow if not I will be giving it a shot next weekend!

Joel
bass level

Postby Joel » Sat Feb 19, 2011 3:30 pm

Went up for the second time today, Caught a nice 2+ pound Largemouth on a War Eagle Spinnerbait, I caught it right below an old bridge support. I had another small one bite a 8" worm, and a last one on a Bandit crank. The one that bit the spinner must have been hungry because he was hooked well (not fun to get out). I didn't spend more than a couple hours there but had a blast...looking forward to checking out more of the lake than the places I can walk the banks.

BASSTRACKER
King Sushi level

Postby BASSTRACKER » Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:33 pm

bummer my man i was solo today sorry we didnt hook up had a killer pattern goin. funny your bridge piling was very near to the kind of structure i was targeting all day. one type of bank held bass stacked to the sky all day!!

Joel
bass level

Postby Joel » Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:36 pm

BASSTRACKER wrote:bummer my man i was solo today sorry we didnt hook up had a killer pattern goin. funny your bridge piling was very near to the kind of structure i was targeting all day. one type of bank held bass stacked to the sky all day!!

I'll pm you my cell number, usually I'm free on the weekends and I'd love to see some more of the lake.

I was very impressed by the W&M Skeet Reese spinnerbait rod and how it performed. For an $89 rod its hard to beat (even though I absolutely hate foam grips!!). I have 2 of them now..they are quality, but they are not a $200+ rod by any means.

skunked
King Sushi level

Postby skunked » Sun Feb 20, 2011 8:56 pm

For about the same price, try a BPS Carbonlite (especially the micro guide version--light and crisp actions), Shimano Compre, Falcon Bucoo, or maybe a used higher end rod. You will quickly find those Skeet rods gathering dust. Good luck and post some pics of your future catches. Looks like you're off to a great start!
Fishing is fun only if you do it for fun.Image www.texassidewinderrods.com

Ca_Bass
King Sushi level

Postby Ca_Bass » Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:30 pm

The Cabellas Prodigy rods are nice for $99 as well..just checked them out they are on sale for $60 at the moment! Pretty sure most of the Cabellas brand gear is made by Diawa. I think BPS is made by pflueger or pinnacle..I'm not big fans of either of those companies, but to each their own

For quality rods that aren't going to break the bank, All Star rods are probably my favorite. But the Cabellas Prodigy rods are a close second. Fairly light for $99. For reels...You can't go wrong with a Curado.

Can't wait till every rod in my box is a gloomis or team daiwa. I just got my first loomis a few weeks ago and all I can say is OH MY GOD! It might be the most amazing thing I've ever held in my hands. I can't wait to go to bass pro or cabellas and hold a Steez. I wont purchase a $400-500 rod without touching it first.

roadwarriorsvt
King Sushi level

Postby roadwarriorsvt » Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:02 am

First of all, I'm not slam'in no one for having expensive tackle, but I must sincerely ask; Whats the big deal? I've used cheap @$$ Shimano rod & reels all my life, catch fish, have fun, etc. Why do you need, er, want to spend big bucks on high end stuff? Now, I'll be the first to admit, I've never even held a $100.00+ rod, so maybe I don't know what I'm missing. Could that be it?

And I know this sounds hypicritical coming from someone who spent way too much $$ on a bass boat when something 1/10th of it will do fine for our lake. :oops:

Return to “General Discussion”