GA Vacation

main forum

Moderators: Stan Wright, roadwarriorsvt

roadwarriorsvt
King Sushi level

GA Vacation

Postby roadwarriorsvt » Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:27 am

Hello All,
I just got back from spending 10 days in GA. Did some hunting and fishing inbetween visiting.

A high school buddy took me night fishing on Lake Oconee. Night fishing is alot easier than during the day. Almost no other boats on the lake and you basically go locate docks that have lights down at the water level to attract the fish. We found a few docks and had a blast catching! We only fished for 2 hours, but caught several fish. LMB and "hybrids", a cross between a LMB and a striper. A great fighting fish! The striper in the photo was about a 3 lb.er. Caught them all on crankbaits. We'd pull up near the dock, cast over the lit area, then pull the crankbaits thru the lit zone. Usually your 1st or 2nd cast was the most productive.

There was a Bass Pro Shop about 45 minutes away, so two trips to there was made. Talk about a kid in a candy store! The size of that store put Costco to shame! Seriously! Just rows and rows of each type of lure, worm, etc. A whole row of roadrunners to!

Here is one of the hybrids we caught. Sorry about the poor qualith. Cellphone camera + flashlight = poor pic, but you get the idea.

Went fishing on Thanksgiving with family. I caught LMB, perch (aka: bluegill), and crappie. That is another fun fish. I believe ita a cross between a bass and perch.

Even the local Walmart's sell bait. Red Wigglers, Night Crawlers, whatever!

I also took this opportunity to look at some land I'm thinking about buying for after my retirement. 15 acres with a 2 acre pond which is spring fed. Beautiful area to. Lets see if I can scrape together $80K.

Image[/img]

skunked
King Sushi level

Postby skunked » Sun Nov 28, 2010 2:26 am

Looks like you had a great time. You didn't try for another world record at Montgomery Lake? Lol. I think the hybrid bass are a cross between stripers and whites, and the crappie is a separate species, not a cross between bass and bluegills. There are white, black, and hybrid crappies. What was the damage $$ at BPS???
Fishing is fun only if you do it for fun.Image www.texassidewinderrods.com

roadwarriorsvt
King Sushi level

Postby roadwarriorsvt » Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:44 am

skunked wrote: What was the damage $$ at BPS???

Funny you should ask. On my first trip, just got some essentials. $40.00 out the door. The wife wanted to go back to another store nearby and brided me into going with her saying I could go back to BPS. On my second visit, I walked out $180.00 lighter, but a grin from ear to ear. Christmas came a lil early! 8)

00BLACKSS
minnow level

Postby 00BLACKSS » Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:59 pm

looks like you had a blast brother. i was in colorado again while you were in GA. Glad you got to visit family.
chris

Return to “General Discussion”