be there next week

main forum

Moderators: Stan Wright, roadwarriorsvt

stingr
minnow level

be there next week

Postby stingr » Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:02 pm

Hi everyone leaving here sat. hopefully fishing wed,thru.fri. can someone give me a lake report, water going up/down, temp, clairity. I also saw a report talking about grass. Is there a lot of weeds in the water or just when the waters are high? Couldn't find any info on the bubble tech... I want to hit all the tackle shops I can so if you could list there names and/or address that would be great. Also I heard someone make a referance to caughting Barracuda is this something I can do from shore and any areas to try for some? I'll be staying in Waianee or in that general area I plan to do some casting from shore where we're staying to see if I or some of my notice friends might get something to bite. TKS for all your help and if your ever coming threw my neck of the woods and need help drop me a line. I'm a partner in a small tackle and boat repair shop in Tacoma ,Wa. TKS again Monte
Monte J. Sweeney I've been bass fishing for 30yrs.

roadwarriorsvt
King Sushi level

Postby roadwarriorsvt » Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:54 am

Can someone take Monte out for some peacock action?

I was going to but I'll be off island when he arrives. Sorry about the mix up Monte. My bad.

As far as lures, most of the tackle shops here are geared for salt water action. Brian's Fishing Supply on S. King St. (Honolulu) has some freshwater tackle and he is familiar with what peacocks like.

LCPointer
master baiter level

Postby LCPointer » Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:44 am

Monte

I'm willing to take you out. PM me and we can make arrangements to do so.

roadwarriorsvt
King Sushi level

Postby roadwarriorsvt » Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:03 pm

Thanks Pointer. 8)

stingr
minnow level

Postby stingr » Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:16 am

Thanks for all the info. I guess I'm going to the lake Sunday AM to watch the release of some LM into the lake. I'll be checking in with Jason also to check out the hatchery. Hope to meet some of you then and try to figure when I'll get to catch some BASS and anything else that will bite. Pointer will you be there ? See you all then. TKS again Monte

Stan Wright
King Sushi level

Postby Stan Wright » Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:20 am

What time Sunday? Are they going to meet at the hatchery earlier?
"Why let the truth stand in the way of a good fish story?"

HFFA-TC
bass level

Postby HFFA-TC » Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:59 pm

Stan,

We're meeting at the hatchery at 9am. It will probably take about one or two hours to load up then off to the lake for the release. Anybody have a request for what area to release some of the bass?
See you on the Lake

MIKE

roadwarriorsvt
King Sushi level

Postby roadwarriorsvt » Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:31 pm

HFFA-TC wrote:Stan,

Anybody have a request for what area to release some of the bass?

I'd love it if you could release them right before the rapids up the North Fork!!! 8) I can get you ground access to that area from the Whitmore Village side.

stingr
minnow level

Postby stingr » Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:50 pm

Just wondering how many LM bass do you raise at a time and how many times a year do you plant them into the lake? I"m going shopping tomorrow before I leave, anybody need something real bad? I'm hoping to meet up with Jason around 8 AM Sunday not sure where yet. See you all then. Monte

HFFA-TC
bass level

Postby HFFA-TC » Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:34 pm

The water level is hanging around 77 ft so it would be no problem to go up to end of the north fork. I will be taking the kids and they have never been up there so I'll see what I can do.

We released around 400 fish about three months ago. All of them were in the 6-8in range with a few larger ones. There is really no timetable for the release. It's all up to the fish!
See you on the Lake

MIKE

BASSTRACKER
King Sushi level

Postby BASSTRACKER » Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:27 pm

how about up into southfork near the old military bridge, used to be great fishing up there but its been dead mostly since the salvinia.

roadwarriorsvt
King Sushi level

Postby roadwarriorsvt » Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:37 pm

I'd like to meet up at the hatchery if thats ok with you guys? Then either follow you up to the rapids either by boat or land and check out the release to.

Are all the fish tagged before being released or just clip the fin?
Last edited by roadwarriorsvt on Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Stan Wright
King Sushi level

Postby Stan Wright » Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:39 pm

I'm glad the water level is high so there is lots of grass for them to hide in.
"Why let the truth stand in the way of a good fish story?"

Ca_Bass
King Sushi level

Postby Ca_Bass » Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:05 am

I would also like to attend as long as my wife doesn't go into labor I should be there.

Return to “General Discussion”