water level dropping

main forum

Moderators: Stan Wright, roadwarriorsvt

pogigod
bass level

water level dropping

Postby pogigod » Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:38 am

I dont know If everyone has been noticing, but the water level on the lake is dropping fast, i would say at least 4-5 feet in the past 5 days. Have they started draining the lake ?
0 different species.....

roadwarriorsvt
King Sushi level

Postby roadwarriorsvt » Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:07 am

I've noticed also. It certainly would seem like their draining it. I just hope they don't have to drain it extremely low like it was last summer. If they do, I'll take that opportunity to place some man-made structure around my fishing spots to attract the fish once the level comes back up.

pogigod
bass level

Postby pogigod » Fri Jul 30, 2010 12:24 pm

yea, went down almost a foot since i went fishing yesterday, so im guessing they started draining :( its going to be a crazy day tomorrow finding the fish
0 different species.....

HFFA-TC
bass level

Postby HFFA-TC » Fri Jul 30, 2010 3:24 pm

The water level has dropped about 3.5 feet since a week ago. According to the water gauge, the water has leveled off for the last six hours. I guess the rain from last night has finally reached the lake.

Remember, the State has told Dole to keep the water level at 65-60 feet for flood control. As long as the drought continues and once the flood gates are repaired, we can expect the water to be 15-20 feet down.

As long as there is no more rain, it looks like the Jackpot tournament will be fished in about 71-72 feet of water.
See you on the Lake

MIKE

BASSTRACKER
King Sushi level

Postby BASSTRACKER » Fri Jul 30, 2010 7:18 pm

ill take 72ft over 55ft anyday!!!! but at the steady drop im expectin a tuff time getting pissed off fish to bite

Return to “General Discussion”