ramp(trailer) sticker?

main forum

Moderators: Stan Wright, roadwarriorsvt

Boatless
King Sushi level

ramp(trailer) sticker?

Postby Boatless » Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:06 pm

Anyone cited recently for not having a ramp(trailer) sticker?

roadwarriorsvt
King Sushi level

Postby roadwarriorsvt » Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:23 pm

Nope. Although I haven't read it personally, a couple pf people say its not required for the Wahiawa Freshwater Park.

Stan Wright
King Sushi level

Postby Stan Wright » Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:34 pm

I've heard you don't need one for Lake Wilson. Since the state didn't build it and don't get any money from the ramp fees... something about it being a park...... but I did see some people turned away from using the ramp last year by DLNR... I don't know if it was for not having a ramp sticker or for not having numbers on the boat.
"Why let the truth stand in the way of a good fish story?"

BASSTRACKER
King Sushi level

Postby BASSTRACKER » Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:49 pm

i have actually had a dlnr officer look to see if i had the sticker,not recently but a few years ago.he checked for life jackets,noise maker,current tags and the ramp sticker. as i was comming out of the water.its a state park so it seems the state would consider the ramp theres to tax.or is the ramp fee city and county?? maybe thats it?? either way i was checked.

Boatless
King Sushi level

Postby Boatless » Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:17 am

My boat reg is about to expire so i asked this question. According to DAR, they don't require a sticker for trailers since there are no facilities provided for us like an ocean boat ramp. But DLNR enforcement does not recognize this and according to the person I spoke with, they have been tagging trailers which requires a court appearance. Here's a silly thought- why dont they just take the ramp fees and use it to fix the flood gates?

Bozu
bass level

Postby Bozu » Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:45 am

Boatless has it right. DAR built the ramp. State Parks division oversees the freshwater park area i.e., parking lot, bathrooms etc. DOCARE enforces all State Regulations for State park use and boat ramps.
Sometimes Div. of Boating personel will accompany DOCARE officers on the water to check for compliance of boating regs.

Will you get cited for no Ramp sticker ? It depends on: 1) Who's the DOCARE officer and their mood. 2) If the DOCARE office have been getting complaints for speeding boats etc. 3) Your attitude. Don't jaw

I say just pay the ramp fee. If you get cited you'll need to go to court to clear it up. I'm sure if you plead your case in front of the Judge you may win, or on the other hand you may not. In either case you'll have to take a day off to be at court. And if you lose your case you'll end up paying a fine to boot. (double ouch) Cheaper to pay the ramp fee, so no worrys mate just fish.

Bozu

BASSTRACKER
King Sushi level

Postby BASSTRACKER » Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:10 pm

im with bozu, 10$ is a small price to pay for a years piece of mind.consider itpart of the fishing licence, still a hell of a bargain at "15$"

Stan Wright
King Sushi level

Postby Stan Wright » Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:36 pm

I believe it's $35 I paid last time......
And I think it's going up to $50 this year.
I called to check... but it's "Furlough Friday"... no answer.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
"Why let the truth stand in the way of a good fish story?"

BASSTRACKER
King Sushi level

Postby BASSTRACKER » Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:14 pm

hmmmmmm 25$ maybe?? maybe the boat reg was 10$ i forget.either way its the damn 210$ trailer reg that pisses me off!!!!! would be nice if it actually was used to improve roads!!

LCPointer
master baiter level

Postby LCPointer » Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:09 pm

I just renewed mine last month. Boat registration $15. Ramp fee (now called a trailer fee) $50.

Boatless
King Sushi level

Postby Boatless » Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:27 pm

Yup $50 for trailer. And it's cheap compared to the hassle of getting cited. Here's another one- On my reg card the fee says $10. Doing it online its $15. Probably the only place on the planet where doing a transaction electronically costs more than manually.

Return to “General Discussion”