Anyone been fishing lately?

main forum

Moderators: Stan Wright, roadwarriorsvt

JeffFaulkner
bass level

Anyone been fishing lately?

Postby JeffFaulkner » Wed Feb 15, 2006 8:38 am

I haven't been on the lake for awhile. I have heard varying reports. Has anyone gone in the last week and had any success? I wan't to go up Friday or Saturday but not if the water is cold and the fishing is slow. Thanks in advance for the help.

Keep Fishing,
Jf

deff808
bait level

Postby deff808 » Thu Feb 16, 2006 10:57 am

Hey Jeff,

Im not from Oahu. Never did fish in Lake Wilson. I guess i can give a little report on Kauai Fishing.

I fish Waita reservoir w/ one of my friends last week. Caught about 2 Dozen Peacocks. Range of 1lb-3lbs. No big boys! They were going pretty crazy over rooster tails and Live Bait. Also those peacocks in that reservoir, are really skinny and pale looking. Wierd!

Other reservoir we went. Water was to high, to cold, not much bait fish, never seen one peacock swimming around.

Good Luck Fishing!
Kauai

OO7:BASSINASSASSIN
King Sushi level

gone fishing

Postby OO7:BASSINASSASSIN » Fri Feb 17, 2006 10:34 pm

I went early this morning and it sucked. I caught only one small tuc and one red devil by accident. The fish were not around. I saw one school of about 12 fish, mixed size. They were hunting but I could not get to them. I went home about 8:30 am. Better to try later in the day.

JeffFaulkner
bass level

Bummer!

Postby JeffFaulkner » Sat Feb 18, 2006 10:22 am

I am taking my wife out on Lake Wilson for her first time. I hope the water warms up and we can catch some fish. I think with the water being so cold we might go on a largemouth trip. Not sure yet though. If anyone has any luck Saturday or Sunday I would love to hear where they had it. Thanks for the help. I will post results of my Monday trip as well,
Jf

Return to “General Discussion”