which way to go from boat ramp

main forum

Moderators: Stan Wright, roadwarriorsvt

edde978n
bass level

which way to go from boat ramp

Postby edde978n » Sun Jan 17, 2010 4:11 pm

Hey guys how is everyone doing? I was just wanting some advice on fishing wilson. I was wondering which is the best direction to head ( I will be on a kayak) when leaving the boat ramp? If the boat ramp is directly behind me are there better spots left or right? Ive only fished the lake once, a year ago, but now I plan on doing alot since Ijust got my first kayak. I am really interested in finding some catfish too, if anyone has tips that would be great! Thanks!!

adpetree
bass level

Postby adpetree » Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:16 pm

most guys head to the right. i usually fish out that way on my tube, and have done pretty well...hope that helps.
Thanks,

Adam

roadwarriorsvt
King Sushi level

Postby roadwarriorsvt » Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:39 pm

Catfish seem to hang out just before the first bridge (goig right from the ramp) in the cove and under the bridge.

BASSTRACKER
King Sushi level

Postby BASSTRACKER » Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:17 pm

try em both have heard guys on yaks still catching in the shallow muddy water up south still,more space and depth to the right toward the main basin but little more secluded and quiet to the left. with every cast lies the possiblity of a fish.

edde978n
bass level

Postby edde978n » Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:31 pm

Thanks guys, I went left on my first trip, didnt realize the end was just around the corner, but still caught a decent channel cat up there.. I also picked up a nice 2.5-3lb peackock right at the ramp on a roadrunner jig, that was awesome!
Went right the second day to find the boyscout island, but gave up paddling, and caught a couple channel cats and a small LM bass a couple coves down from the bridge. I think I was right around the corner from boyscout island but was enjoying where I stopped so I didnt make it all the way down. Thanks for the advice, if you guys see me on the water, say hello. (I am in a blue and white sit inside pelican yak)

roadwarriorsvt
King Sushi level

Postby roadwarriorsvt » Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:34 pm

Good to hear. Just be aware that BSA island, technically, is only a penesula now, due to the low water level. :evil:

Return to “General Discussion”