hows the peocock fishing

main forum

Moderators: Stan Wright, roadwarriorsvt

Tajue17
bait level

hows the peocock fishing

Postby Tajue17 » Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:21 am

Stan Its getting close I'll be there in a few weeks,,, been meaning to get back to you about setting something up or re-confirming again... curious whats happening there lately with the fishing????

also what do you folks think about me bringing my travel rod to HI,,,, with this jerk that had the bomb in his underwear recently I'm wondering about leaving the gear at home and borrowing or renting something so the TSA doesn't make me late for my flights because they have to keep looking over the fly reel,,,,, just want the smoothest transition to Hawaii as I can get :wink: ..

roadwarriorsvt
King Sushi level

Postby roadwarriorsvt » Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:55 am

For the fishing, check some of the threads in the Fishing Reports forum. Its kinda hit or miss. Very inconsistant. I went for an hour yesterday. Caught 6 Tucs. http://www.hawaiibassfishing.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1237
As far as the pole, if you go with Stan, Chris, etc., they'll have a locker full of poles, all different models. Unless you are very particular about using your own pole, I'd say leave it. More hassle than its worth, IMO.

Stan Wright
King Sushi level

Postby Stan Wright » Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:40 am

I have more fly rods and reels than Carter has Little Liver Pills.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
In a few hours, I'll have a lot more flys too.
"Why let the truth stand in the way of a good fish story?"

Return to “General Discussion”