Finally caught something!

main forum

Moderators: Stan Wright, roadwarriorsvt

Stan Wright
King Sushi level

Postby Stan Wright » Tue Aug 29, 2006 8:20 am

Chris.....

It's not a matter of following you to see IF you catch that many fish..... I believe you. I KNOW you catch that many fish....That's why I want to follow you. LOL I want to see your technique. I know your doing something right. My son Chris has told me stories of you guys hauling in fish after fish. (but that's about all he tells me) Let me know when your going to be on the lake,,,,,, I'll take pictures. But won't give away the exact location. LOL

Some days I can catch 50 fish, and the next day wonder if there are any fish in the lake. Remember a guy named Opy? He would make a bet with people that if they didn't catch a peacock bass weighing at least 3 pounds, he would buy lunch. I never heard of him ever buying lunch.

Stan

skunked
King Sushi level

Re: fishing

Postby skunked » Tue Aug 29, 2006 8:29 pm

chris16 wrote:well i know half the people here are haveing a hard time bealiveing me when when i post wat we catch but u know wat does not matter to me i know that i can catch fish on that lkae anytime i want. so u guys say stuff i dont care. i know were more then half the points and drops are in the lake. my dad has been fihsing this lake back in the late 60s and 70s u know thats a long time back. my big bro has fishing this lake since the late 70s and still is fishing. i know how the fish are. and u know wat ill tell u when my next day off is its wensday and if u guys want to follow go ahead illl be fishing with my dad. catching fish.

I think you are misunderstanding the comments that you are reading here. It seems like you are taking offense to things that people say when they are actually complimenting you and your dad's abilities. I wish I could catch even half as many as you can on a typical day at the lake! Can you please point out to me what caused you to lash out the way you did in the above post? Please chill out and think before posting anything else here. This is a place to share experiences and ideas, not for fighting.
Fishing is fun only if you do it for fun.Image www.texassidewinderrods.com

tucmaster
master baiter level

Postby tucmaster » Wed Aug 30, 2006 11:48 am

Regardless of who said what, it's obvious that this thread is heading in the wrong direction.

My impression after reading Stan's original comment is that he was complimenting chris16 and his dad by suggesting (tongue-in-cheek) that he (Stan) and Skunked follow them - NOT TO VERIFY THE NUMBER OF FISH THEY WERE CATCHING, BUT TO FIND OUT WHERE THEY WERE FISHING AND JOIN IN ON THE GOOD TUC ACTION.

But obviously, Stan's comment was misread and taken out of context.

When someone writes "LOL", that means "laugh out loud". E-mail and text messages don't carry the nuances, emotion and inflection of spoken language, which is why bloggers have come up with abbrevations like lol, etc. - to let other bloggers know when they're kidding, serious, angry, sad, etc. Emoticons (like those yellow smiley faces) also express emotion very well and should be used liberally in text messages.

All bloggers on any website, veterans and newbies alike, should be very careful. If anyone thinks they're being "dissed" by another blogger, please first verify with the other blogger what they mean. That way, message threads like this don't need to turn ugly.

Is there a moderator for this message board, and if so, maybe it's time to step in?

To chris16, Stan and the rest of the bloggers on this message board - stay focused. Good luck and good fishing. Tucmaster

chris16
bass level

my bad

Postby chris16 » Wed Aug 30, 2006 4:07 pm

na see i never really ment to lash out that harsh. its that some pepole dont think there is that many fish out in the lake. they say jokes like so how many did u cacth 100- we caught some marlin its just dumb things and i just lost it but its ok. na i never did go out on the lake and not catch. i could always catch. but u know how its my dad likes fishing livebait he is older now so he cant really stay out long periods and through lures and bait fish. But i would be more then happy to go out with someone in there boat one day? ill even supplie the bait. just let em know when so i can get a day off im willing to tell some thing, and show some spots. sorry if anyone took it in the wrong way. anyways could not go out today someone at my house unplugged are bait well and all are bait died had like 12 dozen or so mixed talapia and madakas. kind of sad. ohh well. again sorry

skunked
King Sushi level

Postby skunked » Wed Aug 30, 2006 8:01 pm

Cool. NIce to know you are mature enough to admit that you "lost it" and that now everything is set straight. Now let's get back to talking about what we all are here for...FISHING!
Sorry about your bait dying. Same thing happened to me and my prized 4 year old, 11" albino oscar when I was your age.

chris16
bass level

fishing

Postby chris16 » Wed Aug 30, 2006 10:05 pm

naa its rough now for me all stressed out and all and to get my mind off of school work familey problems relationships, fishing is really good. but anyways does anyone actualley use fish finders on the lake? i dont know i dont but is ther some people that do, how do u read them. anyways here is a tip if u got live bait try fishing all around boy scout island about 20-30 feet away from shore of the island. thers a ledge all along the island and the tucs come fomr the deep and slam the bait im telling u try it.

skunked
King Sushi level

Postby skunked » Thu Aug 31, 2006 5:27 pm

This is the longest thread ever! I am the one who started it so I would like to be the one to end it. This thread is CLOSED. Thanks for the great discussion.

Return to “General Discussion”