RIP Tom Adriance

main forum

Moderators: Stan Wright, roadwarriorsvt

kcandjacy
bass level

Postby kcandjacy » Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:42 pm

I am absolutely floored at hearing tom's passing. I just got back from a trip to the mainland. I have been fishing the lake for a little more than a year now and have seen tom and shot the bull with him about 75 percent of the time. I can see how much of a fixture he has been at the lake and we'll all surely miss him. I'm just speechless right now... May you catch the lunkers up there Tom, Aloha !

roadwarriorsvt
King Sushi level

Postby roadwarriorsvt » Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:34 am

I saw Tom Jr. yesterday. The family plans on scattering his fathers ashes at the lake on the one year anniversary. He said he will let us know. I think it would be a great tribute to Tom if all of us boaters and bank fishermen attend.

roadwarriorsvt
King Sushi level

Postby roadwarriorsvt » Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:05 am

Well, can you believe its aready been one year since brother Tom's passing? Time flys! Tom Jr. wanted to scatter his fathers ashes out on the Lake, the place where Tom loved to be. I think we all can understand that. First I want to thank members of the HFFA for making their request a reality. Stan, Lance, Paul, and Mike, thank you guys for giving your time to help a fellow fisherman rest in eternal peace. It was a beautiful day.

Everyone met at the boat ramp just before noon.

Mr. Adriance's boat made it back to the lake for Tom to ride in one last time.

We headed out in a somewhat "procession" enroute to Blue Boat Point area.

Tom's brother ans sister-in-law rode with me. Ron did a good job keeping a smile on everyone's face even at the sadest moments.

Brother Tom's ashes were scattered and he was provided with some items that were classic of Tom. Flowers and leis followed.

After Tom was laid to rest, his wife and family were given a tour of the lake. In all the years that Tom and his wife were married, she had never been on Lake Wilson. She said that it was only now that she realized why Tom loved to get out on the lake so much.

As we were leaving we noticed one of the leis had taken on the shape of a heart. I can't help but think that this was brother Tom telling his family that he loved them and was now happy resting in the place he so much loved.

Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~ Henry David Thoreau

Return to “General Discussion”