Help Survey Lake Wilson

main forum

Moderators: Stan Wright, roadwarriorsvt

roadwarriorsvt
King Sushi level

Help Survey Lake Wilson

Postby roadwarriorsvt » Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:09 am

The HFFA has hired a fisheries biologist to survey Lake Wilson and eventually establish a sound lake management program. A part of this survey is finding out what the bass and Tucs are (or aren't) eating by checking the contents of their stomach's. If you would like to assist the HFFA in conducting this survey, send me a PM. We will provide the equipment and insrtuctions on performing a lavage. We are looking to complete this in the next 2-3 weeks. Thanks.

Link to an article on performing a lavage: http://www.bassresource.com/fish_biology/fish-stomach-pump.html
Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~ Henry David Thoreau

BASSTRACKER
King Sushi level

Postby BASSTRACKER » Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:46 pm

id be really interested to know the findings for the 3 different areas of the lake. personally I've found that the forage in south fork, north fork, and the main basin vary greatly. be interested in having that confirmed scientifically.

roadwarriorsvt
King Sushi level

Postby roadwarriorsvt » Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:28 am

Got a couple of guys willing to help out. Mahalos. With this muddy water, I don't think we'll be slaying them anytime soon. :x
Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~ Henry David Thoreau

Return to “General Discussion”