Fishing Tip

main forum

Moderators: Stan Wright, roadwarriorsvt

Charles
minnow level

Fishing Tip

Postby Charles » Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:30 pm

Please help....

This is my second time fishing at the lake and no one bite.
What am i doing wrong.

Joel
bass level

Postby Joel » Sat Jul 30, 2011 4:57 pm

what are you fishing with and where?

Stan Wright
King Sushi level

Postby Stan Wright » Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:30 am

If your use to large mouth bass fishing, you probably are not moving your lures fast enough to attract a peacock bass.
"Why let the truth stand in the way of a good fish story?"

Charles
minnow level

Postby Charles » Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:16 am

I have tried it all from white and silver spinnerbaits, Green Pumpkin worms, KVD crankbaits. I have been fishing from the boat ramp and all the area's u can fish off the bank. Ive been pitching and flipping into pockets of grassy area's where I know bass love to hide and nothing.

Joel
bass level

Postby Joel » Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:44 pm

I've never had luck bankfishing at the ramp. If you are in that area though walk through the corner of the parking lot to the trail down to the old bridge supports. I've caught many bass right off of the opposite bank casting across with War Eagle Spinners and small plastics.

Charles
minnow level

Postby Charles » Sun Jul 31, 2011 7:27 pm

I see with in the parking lot area there are trails but never ran it a bridge will try again and see if I can have any luck

Thanks bud..

BASSTRACKER
King Sushi level

Postby BASSTRACKER » Sun Jul 31, 2011 7:32 pm

dont feel to bad this isnt like mainland fishing, although its improved the past 2 years there are more not catching days than catching days, and saturday was ton the tuff side.

Andrew F
bait level

Postby Andrew F » Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:40 pm

I have just started fishing, getting into the groove and stuff, been at Lake Wilson from roughly 3-6pm. Not enough fishing time to do much, but haven't had any luck either. Is there a certain type of bait or lure the peacock bass attract to better than others?

roadwarriorsvt
King Sushi level

Postby roadwarriorsvt » Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:12 pm

Andrew F wrote: Is there a certain type of bait or lure the peacock bass attract to better than others?

Yes there is. Live bait (mendonkas & cichlids) will almost always be more productive than a lure. Check out the "Lures & Flyes". Peacock bass typically don't bite on any type of worm as its not in their natural forage base, exception being a white 2" Senko. Any lure that will "Match The Hatch" or resemble a shad could be affective.
Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~ Henry David Thoreau

Andrew F
bait level

Postby Andrew F » Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:06 am

Thank you for the advice, gonna get out and do some fishing this morning, wish me luck.

Return to “General Discussion”