Bass Hatchery Cleanup - June 26 - Wahiawa Middle School

main forum

Moderators: Stan Wright, roadwarriorsvt

kahuna bass
King Sushi level

Postby kahuna bass » Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:34 am

Thanks Stan!!

I guess were good to go.

This will help me get rid of some of my fishing gear 8)

It's all good!!

Mel - Kahuna bass
Darkside clean-up guy :wink:
If you ain't fish'n, you ain't have'n fun...Got fish!

shanai
King Sushi level

Big Mahalo!

Postby shanai » Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:59 pm

Thank you! Thank you !! Thank you!!! again to all that came out to the hatchery today to help clean up the grounds and do a "little light" ground work filling in the pond and cleaning the grounds. Did not mean to mislead anyone about the work involved but many hands made the work quicker. javascript:emoticon(':oops:') With the help of volunteers, we were also able to remove and then install a new breeding tank.

The effort from all that came will greatly help the LMB hatchery improve their program and ultimately perpetuate and sustain bass fishing at the Lake for everyone. I know that James really appreciates the help today.

Thanks to Crash and his family for providing lunch to everyone, the pulled pork sandwiches were delicious. Thanks to Mel for offering three custom fishing rods and two fishing packs to lucky volunteers. Thanks to Stan - "you da man" for all that you do to sustain fishing in Hawaii. Thanks to Trout Unlimited and HFFA members for refreshments and bringing your members out and lastly special thanks to all the recreational fishermen and their families not affiliated with any group or club that were interested enough to take the time to come and help out with the cleaning. We plan to do more projects ( hopefully less light work javascript:emoticon(':roll:')) helping the hatchery in the future and we hope that you will all join us again.

Steve

kahuna bass
King Sushi level

Postby kahuna bass » Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:59 pm

Steve,

It was all good. It's always great to see a wonderful turnout. Everyone stepped up, and did what was ever needed. Next time, I'll bring the work boots. Slippers is just not the ideal foot ware.

It was also nice to see the young anglers helping out. Bottom line, they are the future of our sport!! Start'em young and the will enjoy it forever....

Looking forward to the next event.

Mel - Kahuna Bass
Darkside Professional Bass Tank cleaner :twisted:
If you ain't fish'n, you ain't have'n fun...Got fish!

Return to “General Discussion”