Hello!

main forum

Moderators: Stan Wright, roadwarriorsvt

KnotUrAvgFish
minnow level

Hello!

Postby KnotUrAvgFish » Sat May 07, 2011 11:09 pm

Just wanted to introduce myself and say that I finally took a trip down to the lake for the first time today. Didn't catch a thing, but wasn't expecting much because of the weather. Plus being my first visit I didn't have a clue on lures or presentation but still had a great time anyways.

I hope to meet some of you on the water and I think this forum has a good following and plenty of information for new-comers like myself. Good Luck!

-Ray

:idea: I think there should be an introduction thread for new members, anyone else agree?

roadwarriorsvt
King Sushi level

Postby roadwarriorsvt » Sun May 08, 2011 7:39 am

Welcome Ray,
When you go on the home page, click on the "Lures & Flyes" page. That will get you in to the game alot faster. Our largemouth are like largemouth anywhere else, but the peacock "bass" aren't bass, but in the cichlid family and differ from a bass. As soon as the lake clears, there will be some decent fishing. Good luck to ya.

KnotUrAvgFish
minnow level

Postby KnotUrAvgFish » Sun May 08, 2011 1:21 pm

Thanks roadwarrior for the welcome. Yeah I checked that out, I noticed there isn't a wide selection of lures for freshwater at Wally world or sports authority, are there any other places I should check out?

roadwarriorsvt
King Sushi level

Postby roadwarriorsvt » Sun May 08, 2011 1:26 pm

Sports Authority has the best selection on the island! (which is really lacking). Most of us mail order from BPS or Cabelas. Or just stock up at a BPS when you go the the mainland.

Crash
King Sushi level

Postby Crash » Sun May 08, 2011 9:10 pm

Welcome Ray, great to have you here.
Crash

KnotUrAvgFish
minnow level

Postby KnotUrAvgFish » Mon May 09, 2011 3:47 pm

Thanks Crash, nice to be on this forum.

Well, I tried my luck again today and I finally landed me a small lmb. I used a 4" green lizard on a texas rig. Unfortunately when I set the hook, it jumped out of the water and threw the hook out so it wasn't an official catch. :roll: I'll keep trying though and hopefully I can start posting some decent pics on here.

The water level is a little bit higher from Saturday and murkier too. I was fishing in the same spot by the shore around point K I believe on the map.

skunked
King Sushi level

Postby skunked » Tue May 10, 2011 2:41 am

Hi Ray! I never looked up that spot on the map until today..."old dead tree!" Lol! That's where I usually fish, on the rare occasion that I do actually get out of the house and go fishing. I have lost dozens of fish and lures to that old tree and the other laydowns in that area over the years. That is exactly where I caught my personal best tuc a few years ago. When the weather gets better, you will start catching more fish. Congrats on your first bass. You should bring two rods and throw a baited hook for some catfish while you are hunting the tucs and bass. I think this is only legal Mon thru Friday. On the weekends you can only have one line active at a time.
Fishing is fun only if you do it for fun.Image www.texassidewinderrods.com

Return to “General Discussion”