Who Is Interested In A Lake Clean-Up?

main forum

Moderators: Stan Wright, roadwarriorsvt

Crash
King Sushi level

Postby Crash » Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:00 pm

Depending on the date, we will be happy to provide pulled pork sandwiches for the volunteers. Free, of course.
Crash

roadwarriorsvt
King Sushi level

Postby roadwarriorsvt » Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:57 pm

Pulled pork sammiches! MMmmmm,... my favorite!

UPDATE:

I've called Dole twice. Left a msg the first time. Talked to the receptionist the second time. She related that she gave one of the executives the message before he went into a meeting. I've yet to receive a call back. I did leave the nature of my call on the message to Dole knows what I'm calling about.

I'll let you know more when I do.

roadwarriorsvt
King Sushi level

Postby roadwarriorsvt » Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:59 pm

KIA68 wrote:If anyone goes into the mud or water, make sure to protect yourself. Wear boots and cover up any body parts that may contact the mud or water. Monday me and a friend went into the mud to collect a few abanden boats, 2 hrs later we were both were very sick. I had a 102 fever and a very sore body. I went to the doctor yesterday and he said I have a bacteria infection and it could possibly be leptospirosis. Just be careful when cleaning up the river. I will help if the day fits my schedule.

There is a leptospirosis warning sign at the boat ramp so the Dr. may be spot on. I don't know anything about that condition, but please take pre-cautions.

roadwarriorsvt
King Sushi level

Postby roadwarriorsvt » Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:29 pm

I have a meeting with Dole officials next week. Will let you guys know something as soon as I do. Thanks.

Return to “General Discussion”