trailer repair?

main forum

Moderators: Stan Wright, roadwarriorsvt

nuki
angler level

trailer repair?

Postby nuki » Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:30 pm

Where do you go for a trailer repair.?
One of the wheel from my trailer locked up and it blew my tire. :? I took my trailer to the autoshop I usually go and the total for the repair was $500.
I replaced two rims, tires, bearings for both wheels and got annual trailer inspection. I am wondering if I had over paid since the trailer(EZ trailer for 10 ft boat) itself is around $800 :roll: ?
Last edited by nuki on Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

roadwarriorsvt
King Sushi level

Postby roadwarriorsvt » Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:03 pm

So you replaced the tires, rims, and bearings before the tire locked up? If that is the case, it sounds like no one packed the bearings with grease prior to installation, in which a whole new spindle may be in order. I know of two trailer repair/supply stores on Oahu. There is Hawaii Springs on Koapaka St. by the airport and Spectrum Trailer in Waipahu.

nuki
angler level

Postby nuki » Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:36 pm

roadwarriorsvt wrote:So you replaced the tires, rims, and bearings before the tire locked up? If that is the case, it sounds like no one packed the bearings with grease prior to installation, in which a whole new spindle may be in order. I know of two trailer repair/supply stores on Oahu. There is Hawaii Springs on Koapaka St. by the airport and Spectrum Trailer in Waipahu.

The repair was done after the lock up,

Thank you for the information :) .

Stan Wright
King Sushi level

Postby Stan Wright » Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:58 pm

I go to Spectrum Trailers in Waipahu.
Be sure to regularly check the tire pressure and grease the wheel berings.
"Why let the truth stand in the way of a good fish story?"

Return to “General Discussion”