Shorline spots

main forum

Moderators: Stan Wright, roadwarriorsvt

Chaess
bass level

Shorline spots

Postby Chaess » Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:44 am

Can anyone tell me where other good shoreline spots that I can fish other then the boat ramp.

grl0218
angler level

Postby grl0218 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:54 am

if you look on the Map N,L, J,K,H are all shore spots you can fish, as you near the Masonic lodge just be on the look out for homeless, lots of them live behind there. They scared away my wife and I. Around the boat ramp near 4-630p is good to. But it is off season so not so much action.

Chaess
bass level

Postby Chaess » Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:55 am

Can you park across from kunia rd. Or next to the lodge? Where can I find parking without getting a ticket or jacked?

Stan Wright
King Sushi level

Postby Stan Wright » Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:49 am

You can park just north of Kunia Rd... on the right (just past the Bus Stop and the rock wall) That's "K" on the map.

As they lower the water level there will be plenty of places all along there.
Clear bank below the grass line. Also around to Mikimiki Point. You'll be able to see the areas after the water level drops.

"Why let the truth stand in the way of a good fish story?"

skunked
King Sushi level

Postby skunked » Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:56 am

Maybe I'll see you out there tomorrow. Will be my first time fishing in almost 2 months due to an injured hand. Hopefully the fishing is not as bad as I think it will be! I'll probably be down by Boy Scout A. Island. Good luck to all.
Fishing is fun only if you do it for fun.Image www.texassidewinderrods.com

Chaess
bass level

Postby Chaess » Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:00 pm

Thanks for all the replies. I wish I
could go on the weekdays, but it's just hectic. Got a new baby and no real freetime. But good luck to all.

Ca_Bass
King Sushi level

Postby Ca_Bass » Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:09 pm

I gave up shore fishing at wilson after the third go and decided to get a jon boat. Though when I first started the water always seemed to be pretty high and the boat ramp was really the only place that I could cast from. If you really want to fish wilson to it's full extent a little jon boat with 3hp+ outbaord and a trolling is best IMO. Then you don't have to wait for the water level to drop. I used to load mine up in the back of my truck. A kayak would also be a good option and much cheaper. I like to bring a whole mess of poles and tackle so a kayak wasn't a good option for me....now I have 17.5ft basstracker and my rods, reels, and tackle have outgrown that.

Return to “General Discussion”