shore fishing spots???

main forum

Moderators: Stan Wright, roadwarriorsvt

marcusn
King Sushi level

shore fishing spots???

Postby marcusn » Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:31 pm

hey im new to the forum and wanted to know if there are any shore fishing spots at lake wilson? also me and my dad wanted to know if you could take the kayak out in the lake, if you can could you guys tell us a few good spots? thanks

Ca_Bass
King Sushi level

Postby Ca_Bass » Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:46 pm

Yes you can take kayaks into the lake. Make sure you have a life vest, fishing license and a park pass...I can't think of any other rules that would apply in a kayak but I'm sure there are more . I don't know if there are necessarily any spots that are better than others. You can find a great area one day and the next nothing. Around Boy Scout Island is pretty consistent. You kinda have to figure it out day to day or at least week to week if the weather stays constant. Good luck hope you catch some.

BASSTRACKER
King Sushi level

Postby BASSTRACKER » Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:31 pm

license,life jacket, entry permit. alll good i think. as for spots ca bass is right, alot of fishy lookin spots with nothing then a few days later lotsa fish some days a plain muddy bank may be the key. just never know, read the posts to keep up with the action reports as to whats workin and clues as to where. time on the water will fill in the rest.

roadwarriorsvt
King Sushi level

Postby roadwarriorsvt » Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:29 pm

Agreed. Anywhere around Boy Scout Island, especially the north side, and Mikimiki Point is "almost" always a good spot, especially from the bank.
Last edited by roadwarriorsvt on Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

marcusn
King Sushi level

Postby marcusn » Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:31 pm

k thanks guys appreciate it!! got all the stuff, now all i need to do is figure out how to wake up my dad to take me :D

Float Tube 27
master baiter level

Postby Float Tube 27 » Sun Oct 24, 2010 6:04 pm

I fish around boy scout and get some good results. There are not to many spots to fish from the shore so it can get busy with people..

Return to “General Discussion”