A visit from DLNR

main forum

Moderators: Stan Wright, roadwarriorsvt

Pegasus
King Sushi level

A visit from DLNR

Postby Pegasus » Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:28 pm

I stopped and talked to a bank fisherman I know and he told me that the DLNR paid the shore fisherman a visit recently. He was asked for his license, which of course he had. The DLNR guy told him that he gave out a bunch of tickets to our asian immigrant population of shoreline fisherman that had buckets/stringers of fish and NO LICENSES ! I hope this story is true and word gets around. The price of fish could go up in some restaurants in Chinatown ! Go DLNR ! Anybody else hear about this ?

BASSTRACKER
King Sushi level

Postby BASSTRACKER » Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:51 pm

didnt hear about that,although i also hope its quite true! but i did hear about that wormhole trying to ram surfers and boats off kewalos and many people calling dlnr to report only to get the awnsering machine.........in the middle of the day! so hpd was called after he tried ramming boats fueling in the ala wai harbor and the hysterical man was forced to park his boat and was arrested but hpd wasnt sure how to charge him or if they even had juristiction, dlnr wasnt able to be contacted so they released him for further investigation! hahaha

roadwarriorsvt
King Sushi level

Postby roadwarriorsvt » Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:57 pm

Today = Furlough Friday

asianmanofmystery
bass level

Postby asianmanofmystery » Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:03 pm

That is good news. I am a bank fisherman and I saw this population last Sunday working at least a dozen trot lines between 3-4 guys. When you approach people like this and try to set them straight they conveniently don't comprehend English or understand anything remotely related to rules, bag limits, conservation, etc. You can bet that your tucs go happily into their buckets. And sheesh, $5 for a license that lasts an entire year. One of the reasons I like to go after the catfish is because the HFF License is probably the best deal you can get these days - minuscule price compared to the natural resources we enjoy.

I could probably go on a rant for 3 hours about this but instead, can someone post the DLNR number we can direct our reports to? I think this would be more proactive.

BASSTRACKER
King Sushi level

Postby BASSTRACKER » Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:43 pm

actually i think the crazy boater incident happened wed or thur but if they stay home on furlough fridays yaaaaaaa why not keep enforcement officers home lets keep police and fire home too why not save some more money for rail!!!

roadwarriorsvt
King Sushi level

Postby roadwarriorsvt » Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:49 pm

Don't give them any ideas! :lol:

Crash
King Sushi level

Postby Crash » Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:52 pm

It's a great start. Good to hear that DLNR is actually taking notice of unlawful anglers.
Crash

Return to “General Discussion”