2nd annual jackpot tournament

main forum

Moderators: Stan Wright, roadwarriorsvt

BASSTRACKER
King Sushi level

2nd annual jackpot tournament

Postby BASSTRACKER » Sat Jun 12, 2010 7:19 pm

just got the invitation in the mail for a second open tournament. august 1st, 8am- 3pm with check in prior to launch at 8 am.same rules as before 35$ entry fee 2 anglers per boat. 1-3 place will be awarded part of the jackpot. entry fee and form due before july 25. got questions im sure if i cant someone else will be able to fill in the blanks.

HFFA-TC
bass level

Postby HFFA-TC » Sat Jun 12, 2010 8:53 pm

Hi guys. My name is Mike and I am the tournament chairman for the Hawaii Freshwater Fishing Association. Looks like Lance beat me to it and notified all of last years participants.

As stated above, the 2nd Annual Jackpot Tournament will be held Sunday,August 1. There are a couple of changes. The entry fee has been raised from $30 to $35 with $5 going to admin costs. There also will not be any individual trophies given out but instead a perpetual trophy will be awarded to the winner.

Entry forms will be available at some fishing outlets. As I do not know much about computers, you can pm me or e-mail me at bassfanatic1234@yahoo.com with your e-mail and I will send the entry forms to you. Put "2nd Annual Jackpot Tournament" in the subject box so I won't dump it as spam. As soon as I get a list of stores from Lance, I will let you know where to go.

If you have any questions, the easiest way would be to put up a post here.
See you on the Lake

MIKE

roadwarriorsvt
King Sushi level

Postby roadwarriorsvt » Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:26 pm

I got my invitation today as well. I strongly urge all anglers to come out and participate. I had a blast last year. There are 1001 reasons/excuses not to do it, but all it takes is 1 reason to do it. Don't take it too seriously. Its all in fun, really. You sure don't need a fancy fast boat to be competative either.

HFFA-TC
bass level

Postby HFFA-TC » Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:56 pm

Just had our monthly meeting tonight. I talked to Lance and right now Brian's Fishing Supply is the only place where flyers and entry forms were distributed. Lance said he would try to get some to the Keeaumoku St.
Walmart in the next couple of days. For now that's the only two places.

There is less than a month left to get in your entries, so come on guys. It will be too late before you know it!
See you on the Lake

MIKE

pogigod
bass level

Postby pogigod » Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:47 am

How does judging go about? is it by weight, number of fish, biggest fish, and what species?.... Also do I have to have a boat to be in for the tourney? or can i fish from shore?
0 different species.....

HFFA-TC
bass level

Postby HFFA-TC » Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:10 am

Judging will be by total weight with a three fish limit. Bass and Tucunares are the eligible species. You may cull during the tournament. Yes, you must fish from a boat that has a livewell to keep the fish alive. There is a two angler per boat limit.

Maybe there are some guys out there thinking about fishing this tournament but don't have a partner. Anyone out there looking for a fishing partner? Let's give this guy a helping hand.
See you on the Lake

MIKE

roadwarriorsvt
King Sushi level

Postby roadwarriorsvt » Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:43 am

If I could get a flyer e-mailed to me, I could put some around the Wahiawa/Mililani area. Some on Schofield Barracks would be a good idea as well.

pogigod
bass level

Postby pogigod » Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:09 pm

Yea, a partner would be very nice, otherwise I'm buyin an inflatable raft and keep a over the side livewell bag :)....
0 different species.....

KIA68
master baiter level

2nd Annual Jackpot Tournament

Postby KIA68 » Sun Jul 18, 2010 4:32 pm

I am looking to enter the jackpot tournament. I emailed Mike but didnt get a reply yet. Can anyone send me an application? How many boats were entered last year? Thanks!

roadwarriorsvt
King Sushi level

Postby roadwarriorsvt » Sun Jul 18, 2010 5:19 pm

I think there were about 10 boats entered last year. I came in 5th place so I'm looking to finish in the top 4 this year. :lol:

Stan Wright
King Sushi level

Postby Stan Wright » Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:22 pm

Then I guess if I enter this year and everyone from last time enters.... well at least you won't be in last place. :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Why let the truth stand in the way of a good fish story?"

HFFA-TC
bass level

Postby HFFA-TC » Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:47 pm

KIA68, I just sent you an e-mail. Sorry about the delay but we had our monthly tournament on Sunday and didn't get to my computer until today. Just a reminder to everyone, the deadline to enter is just a week away. On the flyer it says Sunday the 25th but in reality you need to send it in at the latest on Saturday so that we receive it on Monday.

When I get some time, maybe tonight, I'll post the tournament report in the fishing section.
See you on the Lake

MIKE

Stan Wright
King Sushi level

Postby Stan Wright » Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:48 pm

Mike,
Do you have the application someplace on line we can download it?
Like on a web site or put it on this web site?
Aloha,
Stan
"Why let the truth stand in the way of a good fish story?"

roadwarriorsvt
King Sushi level

Postby roadwarriorsvt » Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:25 pm

That would be good. I was unable to open the application that was sent to me in an e-mail. :(

HFFA-TC
bass level

Postby HFFA-TC » Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:05 pm

C'mon Stan, you know I'm computer illiterate! If I knew how I would have posted it. If you let me know the secret, I'll try to do it. We don't have a website so can't do it that way.

Tommy, I sent you an e-mail about 4pm today. You were probably off work by then. You need Microsoft Office Word to open the attachments. I sent the same thing to another guy and he had no problem. If you still have problems, let me know.
See you on the Lake

MIKE

Return to “General Discussion”