Jackpot Bass Tournament?

main forum

Moderators: Stan Wright, roadwarriorsvt

Stan Wright
King Sushi level

Postby Stan Wright » Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:24 pm

That's the reason for the post... The HFFA was thinking of putting on a Jackpot Bass Tournament as a way to get more people involved in freshwater fishing. Perhaps the lure of some money might get some of the saltwater guys to try the lake???? Or, to let people know there is bass fishing in Hawaii.

The HFFA club tournament is usually held on the 3rd Sunday of each month.
$10 to enter.
You need to be a HFFA member.
It's a lures only tournament. (no live bait)
7:00 AM to 4:00 PM
You have to have some type of live well in your boat.
Total weight of your top 3 fish.
(peacock, largemouth, or small mouth bass count)

We just wanted to get some ideas on what fishermen not in the club thought about the idea. I'll report all this at the club meeting on Wed.

Dot's Rest. in Wahiawa.
7:00 PM
Everyone Welcome.
:D :D :D
"Why let the truth stand in the way of a good fish story?"

BadBass
master baiter level

Postby BadBass » Sat Jul 18, 2009 8:59 am

well im one of the salt water guys who didnt know we had bass in lake wilson. And ever since i found out all i think about is fishing again. I got so discouraged with shore fishing because my kids have a short attention span and we if we dont catch they dont ever want to go again. ( teenagers). Any way i still need to learn how to catch fresh water fish, then im going to bring my family. Thats why im on this forum all the time.

This forum is a great tool for us new guys. everyone here seems so helpful. And i love looking at the pictures exspecially the ones with the lures still hooked in the fishes mouth. lol (i'm always taking notes)

BadbAss
one badbass fisherman

Return to “General Discussion”