0-2 at the Lake

main forum

Moderators: Stan Wright, roadwarriorsvt

J-Fried81
bait level

0-2 at the Lake

Postby J-Fried81 » Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:28 am

My friend and I are heading out tomorrow for trip 3 to the lake hopefully with atleast 1 fish between the two of us. I have fresh wtaer fished my entire life in the mainland and was dumbfounded when I went out last Sunday morning and watched bass jump all over the place with the exception on my lures. I used spinners, rooster tails, jigs, poppers, fake minnows, worms, damn near every artificial lure I own. We don't have a boat so we walk the banks by the lodge, the boat dock, and some place off the side of the road.
Any suggestions for lures or spots where we might get some action? Thanks in advance. Hopefully we'll land something. I told my wife I will not be home until I have caught one, so my marriage may rely on how active these bastards are...LOL!!
What is not caught today will be starving tomorrow

roadwarriorsvt
King Sushi level

Postby roadwarriorsvt » Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:10 pm

Last Sat. we caught several Red Devils along the bank on the right side of the Masonic Lodge (as you're standing on land looking at the lake). Used a brown or black spinner bait.

Pegasus
King Sushi level

Postby Pegasus » Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:44 pm

Go catch some live talapia in the streams . Hook them on a small hook and work them along the bank. The peacock bass ( tucs ) will grab it and run. Have fun !

Boatless
King Sushi level

Postby Boatless » Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:55 am

Good advice from Pegasus. Live is the way to go from shore. Same thing w/ me when I first started. If you cant find Tilapia, then just get some comets from a pet store. You'll be home in time for supper!

Return to “General Discussion”