fishing 10-18-06

main forum

Moderators: Stan Wright, roadwarriorsvt

skunked
King Sushi level

fishing 10-18-06

Postby skunked » Wed Oct 18, 2006 2:27 pm

Went to my usual spot but there were people there already, so I went about a quarter mile upstream to a place I had never been before. Now I believe tucmaster when he says that he catches dozens of fish from shore! I literally saw damn near a hundred tucs cruise right past me. Of course I didn't have any live bait and couldn't catch any so I was forced to throw a couple of lures and only managed to catch 4 fish up to 1.5 pounds. Pretty fun on an UL rod and 4 lb. line. I just used a 1/16oz. jighead with a 2" clear/sparkles curly tail grub (papio lure). The fish were busting bait all over the place. I guess the earthquake shook them into a feeding frenzy! I saw a man in a boat who was alternating between fly and spinning tackle catch a few. I will return to that spot with some bait next time and hopefully catch a lot more.
I saw a couple of bass also, so I tried a plastic worm with no luck. It was good to at least see a bass though.
Fishing is fun only if you do it for fun.Image www.texassidewinderrods.com

tucmaster
master baiter level

Postby tucmaster » Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:29 pm

Aloha Skunked. I was cruising the forum and came across your old post from Oct. 18, 2006. Believe me, I know what it's like to see literally a hundred tucs go cruising slowly by and not be able to do anything about it!

I guess I really never gave it much thought that my reports from the lake (always accurate as possible) would seem suspect due to the numbers of fish being reported. But as you found out, the numbers are out there, waiting to be found, and sometimes the places where you've never been to before turn out to be gold mines - golden tucs, that is! That's exactly how I located my "secret" spots over the years. Sometimes, these out-of-the-way places are where the cruising tucs go to escape heavy fishing pressure.

Anyway, keep at it and don't hesitate "to go where no shoreline fisherman has gone before."

Good Luck and Good Fishing. :lol:

Tucmaster out!

roadwarriorsvt
King Sushi level

Postby roadwarriorsvt » Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:09 pm

I've got to get some of you guys out on my boat. That or stalk you when you head out! :lol:

Stan Wright
King Sushi level

Postby Stan Wright » Sun Apr 19, 2009 2:05 pm

I was thinking the same thing......
:wink:
"Why let the truth stand in the way of a good fish story?"

Return to “General Discussion”