boats for rent

main forum

Moderators: Stan Wright, roadwarriorsvt

cameroncarr0311
angler level

boats for rent

Postby cameroncarr0311 » Sun Jul 20, 2008 6:07 pm

I dont know if there are any military or retired military out there on this website but i went to the outdoor rec center on base the other day and they have ordered some john boats with motors to put out for rent, I know im goin to rent one but I also know there are lot of people out there that dont get to exspeireance boat fishing and would probably like to rent one, but the thing is you have to be military or retired military. They alredy have Kayaks for rent there I rented one four a whole weekend for just 40 bucks.

Ken
King Sushi level

Postby Ken » Sun Jul 20, 2008 6:11 pm

Where do I join the army? :lol:

Just kidding...I'm Canadian :lol: Plus, at 5'2", 100lbs, I'll get trampled by 6', 200lb guys :lol:

FishingDawg
bait level

Rental

Postby FishingDawg » Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:27 am

Is this at Schofield? I searched the island over looking for John Boats to rent to fish the reservoir, but no luck. I am active duty and none of the military bases or MWR offer anything that you can remove from the harbors. I finally bought my own Kayak. This is pretty good news.

Stan Wright
King Sushi level

Postby Stan Wright » Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:05 am

I think adding a special "Boat Rental" page to the web site would be a great way to get the "word" out to all the military guys.

If you know who I can contact at Schofield, please let me know.
I get a call almost every week asking about where to rent a boat.

Aloha,
Stan
"Why let the truth stand in the way of a good fish story?"

MichiganMan
angler level

No rental boats yet

Postby MichiganMan » Sat Oct 04, 2008 1:39 pm

I just got off the phone with Schofield and they don't have the 2 john boats ready to rent just yet. They are still trying to get it OK'd. I'll post as soon as they do. I picked up one of those blow up boats at SAMS club for $76. It is set up so you can hook up a small trollin motor to it. Still trying to find one. Been on the island for 4 months and haven't made it in the water yet. If anyone with a boat wants some company, I got gas money. I'm having a hard time finding someone that wants to split the $275 for a half day trip. I just can't take catching anymore puffer fish or eels.

Ryan

"Can't catch a fish without getting your line wet"

ynototony
bass level

Postby ynototony » Sun Oct 12, 2008 12:34 pm

Is there any place u can rent boats if your not in the military? They should use this as a recruiting tool. I would join but boot camp in mainland winter doesn't sound that great :shock: . Thats why I moved back to hawaii..... SUMMER ALL YEAR BABY.

kai
angler level

Re: No rental boats yet

Postby kai » Thu Oct 16, 2008 12:33 pm

MichiganMan wrote:If anyone with a boat wants some company, I got gas money.

hi MichiganMan i have a 12' aluminum boat i could use some company! im currently in california but will be in hawaii 20th of November FOR GOOD finally! lol cant wait..... ill be living in whitmore when i get there. LMK

see you guys soon

kai

Return to “General Discussion”