Time to make plans...(for the San Diego guys)

main forum

Moderators: Stan Wright, roadwarriorsvt

Ken
King Sushi level

Time to make plans...(for the San Diego guys)

Postby Ken » Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:02 pm

Hi guys,

There are 7 days left until I arrive in San Diego. If you have an evening free between April 12th to 16th and you don't mind meeting up with me to fish somewhere in SD, give me a shout here.

I would prefer fishing the bay or the surf over freshwater...unless you can show me a guarantee spot for spotted bass and redear sunfish. Those are two species I have not catch.

Largemouth bass and bluegills I have lots of them here and I'm not really interested in them :roll: :D

I should be ready to fish by 6pm every evening. If I don't meet up with someone to fish, I'll likely fish around Tidelands and the area since I'm staying at the Coronado Marriott Resort.

Hope to put a face to some of you. :D

Ken
Last edited by Ken on Fri Apr 04, 2008 4:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

kahuna bass
King Sushi level

Postby kahuna bass » Fri Apr 04, 2008 2:58 am

Hey Ken,

Sorry to report, but I won't be able to fish with you this time(I'm currently in Singapore 8) ).

Hopefully, you'll be able to get out and do some surf fishing. If the opportunity is there, you might want to consider either 3/4 day local or 3/4 island trip. Yellowtail are close to "going off".

San Diego bay is "on" right now, with spotted bay bass and some sand bass. There's even small bone fish, in the back area of the bay. Not big fish, but always fun on light tackle.

You might even get some big halibut, just fishing off the surf.

Good luck.

Bass regards, Mel "kahuna bass"
Dark side live baiter and swim baiter :twisted:
If you ain't fish'n, you ain't have'n fun...Got fish!

Ken
King Sushi level

Postby Ken » Fri Apr 04, 2008 4:11 am

Hey Mel,

No worries, have a great time in Singapore.

Thanks for the info. I'll be fishing the surf and the bay as much as there's time to do so.

I'm considering a 3/4 day as well. If I don't find any yellowtails, at least there'll be a lot of rockfish to play with (knock on wood).

Ken

Return to “General Discussion”