fishing spots....

main forum

Moderators: Stan Wright, roadwarriorsvt

phunkyone808
angler level

fishing spots....

Postby phunkyone808 » Thu Jul 06, 2006 9:38 pm

I just had a quick question...hopefully....someone can help me out.....I just started fishing againg after close to 20 years....I remember my father used to take me to a spot right on the side before you take the left to haed to scholfields main gate and another spot...right across whitmore...but you gotta go through the pineapple fields......I don't think you can park on the side anymore and I'm not to sure if we are allowed to go through...the pine apple fields..........so here my question.......I'm casting....and looking for a different spot to fish rather then the boat ramps.......I have a 4x4 and was hoping someone could help out.....thanks in advance

skunked
King Sushi level

Postby skunked » Fri Jul 07, 2006 4:06 am

Hey, you are in the same boat as I am. Sadly, no one cares to help another angler out by suggesting some spots. Even though the lake is strictly catch and release, people just want to keep their spots to themselves :( There are some days when I understand where they're coming from and some days when it just upsets me because I like to help other people. Oh well, good luck.
Fishing is fun only if you do it for fun.Image www.texassidewinderrods.com

phunkyone808
angler level

Postby phunkyone808 » Fri Jul 07, 2006 6:15 am

Well hopefully someone helps out....I don't see why everyone would keep secrets..most people on here have boats anyways....and it would even be better for the forums and users....that's what its here for...if not I don't see how it would be successful...unless its for only profit for their guided tours.......but that's ok....cause I'm origanaly from wahiawa and will make a few calls and find out where to go if no one helps and I will be happy to share what I find out....I'm sad to say I introduced myself and did not even get one welcome to the boards......and one other thing....it only seems like the boards are here....to just show off what we caught kinda...thing....I did see alotta advice bout lures and bait and such....oh well maybe we can help....and make the boards a little more active and in formitive.......hopefully mr. Stan sees its only constructive critisism.....and dosent hold me against what I say.............that is all have a wonderful weekend all and good luck fishing.........

chris16
bass level

shoreline spots.

Postby chris16 » Fri Jul 07, 2006 10:49 am

u know wat im going to tell u some of u shore fishermen some spots, cause when my dad never had a boat we used to shore fish alot and i know how it feel fishing at the boat ramp and not catchin, next to the boat ramp on the left side like u were comein to the lake there is a big cove, i forgot the name, but there usalley some tucs in there, theres bike trails so follow some bike trails and its the bay right there. also kunia point is also a fairley good spot. not much of a walk, ok now here is a place were it right across from the bass u stop right a grass opening and climb down a small hill follow the path all the way untill u get to a very big tree that has fallin climb over and walk straight if u did it right u would come to a point that is kinda between the kimo plates and boyscout island well there some good fishing spots.

phunkyone808
angler level

Postby phunkyone808 » Fri Jul 07, 2006 12:04 pm

Thanks I really appreciate it!

kaapeha173
angler level

Postby kaapeha173 » Fri Jul 07, 2006 1:27 pm

Hey Bud:

I had the same problem when I first started fishing at Lake Wilson. No one would help me at all on locations, tackle, or techniques. Why, I don't know. It's not like anyone is fishing for prize money??? And compared to everywhere else I've fished in the U.S., there is no pressure on this lake.

It took me about 1-2 years of trial & error to get Lake Wilson wired. I attended a few BASS seminars on the mainland and that helped out a lot.

I also wasted about $1000 on terminal tackle that doesn't even work in Hawaii. The tackle shops in California love me when I walk through the door! Also, just because you have a boat, fish finder, & high tech equipment doesn't mean you're going to catch. I struck out more times than I can remember.

As far as the website, I tell the truth. If I caught one, then I "ONLY" caught one. Five fish a day is a more realistic figure, thirty before lunch is far and few between.

Anyway, just keep practicing and asking advice, eventually you'll get it...

Aloha

slater
minnow level

Also a new guy

Postby slater » Fri Jul 07, 2006 9:15 pm

welcome to the forum...i am a new guy as well...i posted my first message two or three weeks ago and no one has responded...not to friendly around here i guess...

i have lived in the area four almost five years now and I just decided to start fishing lake wilson...i am not a big fisherman so i don't know to much about lures or reels but i definitely want to learn...anytime anyone wants or needs a fishing buddy either on the shore or in a boat please let me know...i am more than willingly to pull my weight with any expenses and i am a grown man so that won't be a problem...and honestly i don't mind having a few cold ones when i am fishing...i would just like to get out and go fishing and hopefully catch something hahaha....talk to you all later

chris16
bass level

hey

Postby chris16 » Fri Jul 07, 2006 11:32 pm

im getting sick and tired of people asking me how many fish did u catch i dont lie i tell them 20-30 fish in like 4 hours of fishing and they seem like im lieing to them, its truley possible my dad has fished this lake when he was in his late 30 and earley 40s he is now 71 he has seen this lake go done so many times, he knows almost every point flat ridge out there that hold fish, so do other people, we would drop out a line and as soon as it hit the water hook up, unhook the fish throw out again bamm another. but its not always like that, some spots might have been good one time, and the next not, but when some of us say we can catch it kinda true, but if u notice there not really big in size there in the 1-3 pound range thats the normal size of the schoolin tucs there also is the bigger class 4-6 pound but they come along later in the day and after noon. its true some of use do catch alot. my dad always gets mad when he catches like 10 and i bet him by like 5 or 6 he says there should be more tucs, i tell him some people that fish this lake work for hours and can only praduce like 5 if there good enough. but hey bealeave wa tu want, i might just be a teen but i know fishing, i was tought by one of the best back in the day my dad, people used to call him the tuc man cause when no one else would catch he would be catching 100 back then, ask some of the older fishermen on the lake, my older brother is also a good fishermen but he does not use live bait he goes out with lures and catches and average of 8-12 tuc when he goes out, well people can bealeave wat the ant to, i know im catching so im going to keep on catching.

phunkyone808
angler level

Postby phunkyone808 » Sat Jul 08, 2006 5:09 am

ok i have an idea lets make a newbie fishing day.................lets all get together and go fishing........

I found that live bait works best....when casting from shore.......just depending on what you wanna catch depends on the bait........

i have been to the boat ramps twice..........and the first time using lures caught nothing........
second time used mosquito fish and landed a tuc in like 5 mins........ also used crayfish andcaught 5 red devils.......and one huge convict

also use tilapia minows to catch the 5 spotted jeweled cichlid

just my 2 cents

chris16
bass level

hey

Postby chris16 » Sat Jul 08, 2006 10:32 pm

u know wat if anyone really wants to go fishing, i got a boat its an ok boat home made, but gots a mean leak im going to patch it, and ill take someone as soon as i fix might take someone, or show u some spots to fish, if u dont mind going with a teen???? anyways i tried to hlp on the shoreline fishing spots hope they work out good, enough let me know if they work.

slater
minnow level

Gotta Boat

Postby slater » Sun Jul 09, 2006 7:08 am

i went out yesterday and bought myself an inflatable boat....took it on sunday sawa alot of fish but didnt catch anything...hopefully i have better luck today...i am also willing to take someone out with me...jared

Modest_Man
bass level

Postby Modest_Man » Sun Jul 09, 2006 10:10 pm

I'm game. :lol:

More of a trout guy myself, but definately need to try my hand at peacocks. Hell, I wouldn't mind a nice red devil for my aquarium either...

slater
minnow level

I'm Game

Postby slater » Mon Jul 10, 2006 8:07 pm

I am in a military school until the 24th so I won't have a chance to go until then just let me know if you'd like to go out and when.

Modest_Man
bass level

Postby Modest_Man » Tue Jul 11, 2006 12:42 pm

I think I'll be heading up Sunday the 16th to scope it out and try and do a little shore fishing.

Any tips? I guess I'll try live bait? Where do you get live bait, and what type works best?

phunkyone808
angler level

Postby phunkyone808 » Wed Jul 12, 2006 11:55 am

I use tilapia minnows for catching.....jeweled cichlids
I use crayfish...to catch red devils..
And guppy or mosquito fish or jewels to catch tucs...

I catch all my bait from the lake as well.... Or a river

Return to “General Discussion”