Shoreline Fishing?

main forum

Moderators: Stan Wright, roadwarriorsvt

palmettopete
minnow level

Shoreline Fishing?

Postby palmettopete » Sat Jan 26, 2008 12:28 am

I am brand new to the website and just want to say that I think it is awsome, I will be using it a lot! I went out with one of my buddies in a kayak last weekend and the fishing was very slow, we only had a slab bluegill and what looked like an oscar/tuc mix?!?! I was going to mess around along the shoreline near the dam, is this any good or is there even any good access there? Any sugestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Bozu
bass level

Postby Bozu » Sun Jan 27, 2008 8:23 pm

Just a word of caution about fishing on or near the dam.
It is illegal to enter the dam area. Fishing from the dam shoreline is not allowed and boats need to be 200 feet from the dam and spillway.

I know it looks so tempting and quite frankly who is it hurting. You can fish there 9 times out of 10 and you won't get caught. However, from time to time the game wardens do make a check of the area.

A friend of mine was caught fishing there about 10 years ago. He had his fishing tackle (rod, reel & lures) confiscated by the enforcement officers. He was cited and he had to make an appearance in district court. He got his stuff back after paying a $100 fine.

So have fun people, but be forewarned there may be a price to pay.

Bozu

palmettopete
minnow level

Thanks!

Postby palmettopete » Sun Jan 27, 2008 10:02 pm

Thank you for the heads-up! With my luck I would have been there the one day that the game wardens were there too!

skunked
King Sushi level

Postby skunked » Mon Jan 28, 2008 5:59 am

I was caught there when I was about 11 years old. I didn't know I was in an off-limits area. The guy that caught me was corrupt, I guess because he took away my rod and reel without even giving me a ticket or a means of getting my gear back. I guess I was just a naive kid back then. I guess it made him feel good to do that to a little kid.
Fishing is fun only if you do it for fun.Image www.texassidewinderrods.com

Return to “General Discussion”