Parking Lot Closure

main forum

Moderators: Stan Wright, roadwarriorsvt

Stan Wright
King Sushi level

Parking Lot Closure

Postby Stan Wright » Tue May 31, 2016 7:02 pm

First... The lake is open to the public and you can go fishing any time you like.

As some of you may know, they are re-doing the parking lot at the Wahiawa State Freshwater Fishing Park. (The improvements to the boat ramp are all finished) The circle where the 2 trees are is being removed and made into more parking spaces (they will keep the two trees. Other areas of the parking lot are also being expanded to gain more parking. Areas have to be dug out and leveled, new curbs installed... sidewalks... it's going to be a big improvement project.

Now while they are doing this work, there have been times when the access to the boat ramp is blocked and we can't get our boats in the water. It varies from day to day. I spoke with the construction guys and they are going to close everything and get to work... so the boat ramp may be closed for 2 to 3 weeks. They want to work on the parking lot closest to the boat ramp to get it back in service as soon as possible.

There was a big meeting this week with the contractors,engineers, the city, and supervisors... They hope to have a press release detailing everything soon. Rain delays have already affected work.
I ask if the ramp was accessible this week and I was told probably not. :(
It's a long drive to the lake just to find out we can't get the boat in the water, so I don't think I'll be driving up there till I hear it's open again.

I hate not being able to go fishing, but I am looking forward to the improvements.
"Why let the truth stand in the way of a good fish story?"

HFFA-TC
bass level

Re: Parking Lot Closure

Postby HFFA-TC » Fri Jun 03, 2016 10:19 am

I have been talking with Annette Tagawa from DLNR and the latest word is that they will completely shut down the parking lot from June 15. It was originally scheduled earlier and we would have had to cancel our tournament but she called me this morning to say we were good to go. Luckily for us the tournament is one week early because of father's day.
See you on the Lake

MIKE

HFFA-TC
bass level

Re: Parking Lot Closure

Postby HFFA-TC » Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:43 pm

Okay, I got an e-mail from Annette with the latest-latest :roll: word. The contractor is planning to close the boat ramp and parking lot from June 13 through July 1 with the intent to reopen on July 2.
See you on the Lake

MIKE

Return to “General Discussion”