Hi All! Newbie here with some questions

main forum

Moderators: Stan Wright, roadwarriorsvt

ahislayer
bait level

Hi All! Newbie here with some questions

Postby ahislayer » Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:31 pm

Hi all. I just had a few questions for the veteran Lake Wilson fisher peps. I was wondering if there were any spots where you could run into an underwater object in the lake. I remember back in the day, we almost lost a motor when we hit something and we were in the middle of the lake. Also what types of lures should I stock up on and where should we start fishing from? Gonna take my uncle out. I usually fish in the ocean but hes too old for that kind of stuff and I thought Id give lake Wilson a try. Was a blast when we were younger. Thanks in advance!
Oh and where so I get the entry permit?

Stan Wright
King Sushi level

Postby Stan Wright » Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:21 am

Watch those points… some, most, of them are shallow so give them a wide berth… or go really slow.
"Why let the truth stand in the way of a good fish story?"

ahislayer
bait level

Postby ahislayer » Wed Apr 15, 2015 6:53 pm

Thanks for the tip. Just picked up the freshwater fishing license and entry permit today! See you soon on the lake!

Ahnkochee
King Sushi level

Postby Ahnkochee » Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:52 am

Remember, the speed limit in Lake Wilson is 5 miles per hour so keep the speed down especially when passing shore fishers, and there should be an impact damage will be kept to the very minimum, and obstacles much easier to spot and avoid going slow.
ImageIllegitimus Non CarborundumImage

Return to “General Discussion”