Question: Can I get tucs in February?

main forum

Moderators: Stan Wright, roadwarriorsvt

asianmanofmystery
bass level

Question: Can I get tucs in February?

Postby asianmanofmystery » Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:23 pm

Would it be worth my time to go after tucs now? If not, I'll stick to the catfish until summer. Appreciate anyone's thoughts on this...

It's been quiet on the Fishing Reports side for awhile. Me and my fishing partner have pulled some catfish over the winter months but I got self-conscious and didn't post them - I got to thinking this is Hawaii BASS Fishing, not Hawaii Catfish...

Our secret spot has also been extremely productive for papio and kaku. A lot of people think we're crazy to fish there but since you would have to be even crazier to eat the fish that is why we enjoy such good fishing. I still can't bring myself to put in my canoe though...

shanai
King Sushi level

Postby shanai » Tue Feb 03, 2015 1:31 pm

January was really a hard month for Tucs - using artificial lures.
We'd see Tucs and they would just move aside and ignore our lures.

:(
" It's not the size of the fish in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the fish "

asianmanofmystery
bass level

Postby asianmanofmystery » Tue Feb 03, 2015 2:29 pm

Thank you very much for the info. My fishing partner got this "Anykine" species not too long ago (bubble float rig with curly tail). It did some acrobatics - poor man's mahi mahi.

drcray
bass level

Postby drcray » Tue Feb 03, 2015 3:07 pm

Awa awa (ladyfish/ poorman's tarpon* where I'm from). Got it in the lake? or just showing of the catch, because they can go in pretty fresh water. Doubt it was from the lake unless someone has been releasing ladyfish? :twisted: hahaha

asianmanofmystery
bass level

Postby asianmanofmystery » Tue Feb 03, 2015 3:12 pm

Just to clarify, the awaawa isn't from the lake. Although with the number of species in there I wouldn't be shocked if one did come up.

OO7:BASSINASSASSIN
King Sushi level

Postby OO7:BASSINASSASSIN » Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:40 pm

January and February are up and down months. Depends on the weather mostly. I would have thought the fish would have been biting because it has not been really cold nor has it rained much. I have not gone lately so I do not how the bite is this year.

Return to “General Discussion”