Lake Level Rises

main forum

Moderators: Stan Wright, roadwarriorsvt

Stan Wright
King Sushi level

Lake Level Rises

Postby Stan Wright » Sun Jul 20, 2014 6:51 am

Looks like the water is going over the spillway this morning… It's going to be some tough fishing from shore with the water way up into that thick California grass.

Check out the gauge at the dam.
http://waterdata.usgs.gov/hi/nwis/uv?cb ... o=16210000

They have been letting water out for over a week… that's those little dips in the graph… about a foot in a little over 24 hours… so it's going to take a while to get it back down to the level they want it.
Haven't heard… is the lake muddy?

Here are some before and after pictures from a rain we had last year…
this should give you an idea of how much the water level can rise overnight with a big rain.

"Why let the truth stand in the way of a good fish story?"

Stan Wright
King Sushi level

Postby Stan Wright » Sun Jul 20, 2014 4:37 pm

:D
Drove by the lake today… this is what the Wahiawa State Freshwater Fishing Park looked like… Muddy.

There were 4 boat trailers in the parking lot so the fishing much be good someplace… I decided to drive down to Boy Scout Island and Kemoo Farm to see what the water looked like.

That's the south point of BSA Island on the left… the point is totally covered by water.

I saw a few fishing schooling and splashing… the water was not muddy at all. This is looking toward BSA Island.

This is a close up of the nort point of BSA Island… the 80 foot marker shows the water is flowing over the spillway. A guy fishing there said the water level had gone down since he started fishing this morning.

The water clarity down in the Main Basin and by the Dam was clear as it usually is… Saw two boats right in the middle of the lake, looks like they may have been chasing schooling fish. If I was going fishing tomorrow, I might stop by the pet store first and pick up some live bait.
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Come over to the dark side, Luke. Use the live bait.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

roadwarriorsvt
King Sushi level

Postby roadwarriorsvt » Sun Jul 20, 2014 8:17 pm

Yep, the north fork is like chocolate milk! :(
Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~ Henry David Thoreau

shanai
King Sushi level

Postby shanai » Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:27 pm

I was in one of the boats yesterday - water up in the grass all over - should be good for the shad spawn.

" It's not the size of the fish in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the fish "

Stan Wright
King Sushi level

Postby Stan Wright » Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:02 pm

A little schooling this morning... killed them at Blue Boat Pt.... ran out of bait.

Return to “General Discussion”