fresh water lab

main forum

Moderators: Stan Wright, roadwarriorsvt

surfspot
bass level

fresh water lab

Postby surfspot » Wed Jul 25, 2007 7:59 am

This bass is always willing to sample my new offerings. 1/8oz. brown on dressed treble by Craig Sako on Owner #6 treble. mw
mw

hitoshe
angler level

Postby hitoshe » Wed Jul 25, 2007 10:04 pm

was that largemouth caught on kauai? or at lake wilson? looks like our wahiawa largemouth - skinny! has anyone figured out why our largemouth are so seemingly undernourished? altho i like the fight of a tuc, i remember years ago that the largemouth were more "normal" in proportion - much healthier looking - and gave a real good fight - at least as good as a similar sized tuc, in my opinion. but in recent years almost all the largemouth that i've caught (and there haven't been that many really) have all been emaciated.

surfspot
bass level

lab work

Postby surfspot » Thu Jul 26, 2007 11:04 pm

hitoshe wrote:was that largemouth caught on kauai? or at lake wilson? looks like our wahiawa largemouth - skinny! has anyone figured out why our largemouth are so seemingly undernourished? altho i like the fight of a tuc, i remember years ago that the largemouth were more "normal" in proportion - much healthier looking - and gave a real good fight - at least as good as a similar sized tuc, in my opinion. but in recent years almost all the largemouth that i've caught (and there haven't been that many really) have all been emaciated.
On Kauai, He looks a little distorted because of the water refraction I think. I'm not too experienced with Bass but plan to hike the upper fork of the Wailua river to get some more action with Large and Small mouth. m
mw

Stan Wright
King Sushi level

Postby Stan Wright » Fri Jul 27, 2007 11:09 am

I think just about every river on Kauai has smallmouth in it. Except high up where the trout are.

We've caught some very fat and healthy largemouth lately in Lake Wilson. A few skinny ones, but not like last year. The peacock are starting to chase the shad and bust the surface while feeding. Some largemouth mixed into the schooling fish. If I could think of one reason the largemouth are skinny it's because they are not as aggressive and fast as the peacock.
Stan
"Why let the truth stand in the way of a good fish story?"

Return to “General Discussion”