FOR SALE: SHIMANU BAITCASTER REEL

main forum

Moderators: Stan Wright, roadwarriorsvt

roadwarriorsvt
King Sushi level

FOR SALE: SHIMANU BAITCASTER REEL

Postby roadwarriorsvt » Sun Apr 13, 2014 6:07 pm

Shimanu brand baitcaster reel. Caenan 100. 6.5:1 Ratio. Brand new, still in the box. Never even spooled any line on it. Perfect condition. I have one other baitcaster where I discovered I'm just more of a spinning reel kinda guy. These sell for $70-$85.00 plus shipping. Asking $50.00.

Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~ Henry David Thoreau

skunked
King Sushi level

Postby skunked » Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:34 pm

That's a good solid reel and a good price! I hope you get a buyer soon. Shimano baitcasters are the most reliable and user friendly on the market. Very easy to break down and maintain as well.
I guess I am the opposite of you Tommy, I don't care for spinners at all. I only use them when I have to, like for 1/16 oz and lighter lures. I can't explain it, maybe I just like watching the spool spin and listening to the buzz when casting!
If it was a left hand model, I would probably walk up the road to your house and buy it from you!
Fishing is fun only if you do it for fun.Image www.texassidewinderrods.com

Stan Wright
King Sushi level

Postby Stan Wright » Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:57 am

:D
Sweet deal.
"Why let the truth stand in the way of a good fish story?"

roadwarriorsvt
King Sushi level

Postby roadwarriorsvt » Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:56 pm

Yep, if it sells, it sells. If it don't I'll just hang on to it. Maybe I'll start practicing with my other baitcaster and get proficient with it. 8)
Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~ Henry David Thoreau

skunked
King Sushi level

Postby skunked » Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:21 pm

If I remember, you also have a Daiwa Exceler? I definitely think Shimano's VBS centrifugal brake is a lot easier to dial in and master than Daiwa's magforce systems. Try using the Caenan instead of the Daiwa. Start with 4 brakes on and go lower from there. Also, use an aerodynamic lure like a lipless crankbait for easy casting without backlashing.

Charles N
angler level

Buy

Postby Charles N » Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:24 pm

I will buy that from u
Bass fishing is made for real bass fisher men

roadwarriorsvt
King Sushi level

Postby roadwarriorsvt » Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:23 pm

Sorry. It's already been sold.

Ca_Bass
King Sushi level

Postby Ca_Bass » Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:04 pm

Get the revo MGX! Best reel I've used! Blows team daiwa zillion s and shimano core out of the water! Let my wife use it o e day when we fished (never used a baicaster before) and didn't backlash once. Even with the brakes locked all the way down it will cast a mile thwoing 3.5 inch swimbaits on a 1/8 oz jig head.

Unfortunately... They are a little more than triple the price of a caenan but..as with most things you get what you pay for.

Also another really good reel I've found recentky for a decent price is the daiwa tatula. You can sometimes find the type r model for 150 but I've been using it to skip jigs under docs (only other I reel I can do this with is the revo MGX) really good braking system and silky smooth for reasonable price.

Once you master baitcasterz you will not want to go back for most applications.

Looking forward to coming back to Hawaii... Should get there late fall of early winter. Definitely gonna miss some of the lakes around here in ga and south carolina. Also gonna miss the tournament scene.

But one of the things they do here is "Saturday morning open tournaments"....small buy I s and 100% payback..would Anyone be interested? Typically you can fish as a team or by yourself. Not many rules and no club associated... Just fishing with a chance to win a little $ and not be out hardly anything if you have a bad day.
Luck is when opportunity and skill meet.

skunked
King Sushi level

Postby skunked » Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:21 am

Ca_Bass wrote:Also another really good reel I've found recentky for a decent price is the daiwa tatula. You can sometimes find the type r model for 150 but I've been using it to skip jigs under docs (only other I reel I can do this with is the revo MGX) really good braking system and silky smooth for reasonable price.

Once you master baitcasterz you will not want to go back for most applications.

Yep, love those Tatulas! I have two already and my first Type R on the way. I've added bearings to the knobs and levelwind to make them even smoother than most of my reels that cost twice as much, or more! I have a new Curado 201i on backorder and am looking forward to seeing how it compares. I also recently got a Metanium HG which is simply awesome! This is why I love baitcasters, you can have fun comparing and making adjustments and mods, whereas with a spinning reel, a $50 Sedona will cast just as well as a $700 Stella. No fun.

Return to “General Discussion”