I'm coming back to Hawaii

main forum

Moderators: Stan Wright, roadwarriorsvt

Ca_Bass
King Sushi level

I'm coming back to Hawaii

Postby Ca_Bass » Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:16 pm

So I found out last week that I will be coming back to Oahu for another tour.

Not sure what I am going to do with my boat....bring it to Oahu..trade it in before I head over there for something smaller...just not sure yet.

Good thing is, the military will ship it for me for free. Before I make a decision I wanted to get a feeler to see if there is anyone who would be interested in purchasing a nitro z8 in about 2.5 to 3 years when I would be due to transfer again.

Its a 2011 nitro z8 20'1" with a 225 mercury pro xs, Hummingbird 898si on ram mount on the console, lowrance mark 5x on the dash, hummingbird 998si on the front deck, hydrowave, hydraulic steering, two live wells, remote oil fill, two large live wells...tons of storage space, dual console (easy to remove if you want...I prefer to have it off), 24v 75lb thrust motorguide x3 trolling motor...

I'm not due to transfer until October, but if there is anyone who is serious about purchasing in the future that would make my decision much easier. If anyone would be interested please let me know by about July. If there isn't any serious interest by then then I will most likely trade it in for a nitro z6 (which would also be for sale on Oahu in about 3 years).

I fully understand that knowing if you'll want 20ft bass boat three years from now may be used to project :)

However,,I'm very much looking forward to coming back and fishing lake Wilson again!!!
I've learned a few techniques that kill open water/schooling spotted bass. Should be able to apply that to the tucs (I actually borrowed a few of things I did for schooling tucs and applied it to the spotted bass)
Luck is when opportunity and skill meet.

BASSTRACKER
King Sushi level

boat

Postby BASSTRACKER » Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:37 pm

SHOTGUN! hahaha too much boat for wilson, be almost a waste. had a 18ft with a 150 on it, kept over heating cause couldn't go on plane sold it got the little tracker perfect! although i dearly miss the storage! welcome back!

LCPointer
master baiter level

Nice boat but ...

Postby LCPointer » Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:23 am

Wilson has an 18 foot limit if you want to be legal. Like we all comply with the 5 mph limit. LOL!

Ca_Bass
King Sushi level

Postby Ca_Bass » Fri Apr 04, 2014 2:43 am

The motor is definitely overkill but its gonna be hard to down size after getting used to the big front deck and storage! I can fish three people on the front deck (as long as they have an idea about what they are doing) :)

I haven't had any issue with it overheating while idling...even during the summer fishing night tournaments. Only time the it overheated was when I was fishing Santee cooper for an ABA tournament and I went into some really skinny water and sucked some mud and dirt in and it clogged the telltail up...a coubple toothpicks later and I was food to go...then gave it a good flushing one the tourney was over.
Luck is when opportunity and skill meet.

Return to “General Discussion”