It's been a while...

main forum

Moderators: Stan Wright, roadwarriorsvt

Baires722
King Sushi level

It's been a while...

Postby Baires722 » Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:40 am

It's been a while since I got on the forum. How's the fishing been going? From the fishing reports I read, seems like it's the same old Lake Wilson; on and off day to day. Texas has been typical Texas....hot, hot, and some more hot!! That being said the fishing hasn't been too bad. Typical summer patterns catching bass in 30ft of water as they chase the shad. Anyone ever tried yellow magic popper?? I suggest you give them a shot! Their kind of pricy, but by far the best popper I've ever used! The thing can flat out catch fish! I've also been doing some punching. The near by lake has some matted hydrilla growing around. I've been punching creature baits to catching some descent bass. Mainly in 3-6lb range. I haven't caught anything huge for Texas standards but we'll see what this fall brings. Next week I'm heading to Muskogee, Oklahoma, to fish in the Bassmasters Open #2. This is something that I've always wanted to do, and I'm glad finally getting my chance. I'll be fishing a river system, so I'm hoping fishing the changing conditions at Wilson will pay off for me. Good luck to you all, and I'll report back withy results of the tournament. 50th place and lower is my goal. There will be 200 co/anglers battling it out for 25k.

Chris
"Nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught" -Unknown Author

drcray
bass level

Postby drcray » Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:09 pm

Good luck Chris! Make Hawaii proud! Never used the Magic, but I will have to give it a go.

Soldierboy
bass level

Postby Soldierboy » Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:57 pm

Chris,
Good to hear from you. Wish you the best of luck on your dream to fish the Bassmasters. We all know you will represent the 808 and club very well. :D

Robert
Accept the challenges so that you can feel the exhilaration of victory!

Stan Wright
King Sushi level

Postby Stan Wright » Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:51 pm

:D
This one? I Googled Yellow Magid Lure and there are lots of places that sell them
$14 to $18...
"Why let the truth stand in the way of a good fish story?"

Baires722
King Sushi level

Postby Baires722 » Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:14 am

Thanks guys!

@Stan, that's them! They've become so popular here that Basspro had to put them behind the counter because people were stealing them. Kind of Pricy, but if they didn't catch fish I wouldn't have bought 3 more! The shad color should work great for Wilson.

OO7:BASSINASSASSIN
King Sushi level

Postby OO7:BASSINASSASSIN » Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:58 am

What makes the yellow magic popper so special?

Baires722
King Sushi level

Postby Baires722 » Sat Sep 14, 2013 12:29 pm

Honestly its a combination of several things...the way it sits when you pause it, the popping action, and the walk motion. It doesn't look like a something special, kind of reminds me of a Rebel Pop-r, but it is has its differences. For schooling PB's and LM's it should be killer!

Baires722
King Sushi level

Postby Baires722 » Sat Sep 21, 2013 5:22 pm

Update: well....I finished 9th overall out of 170. Cut a nice little check and I made sure to represent the a HFFA in the process.

http://www.bassmaster.com/slideshow/ope ... ee-weigh-3

I'm the a few pictures in.

Stan Wright
King Sushi level

Postby Stan Wright » Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:40 pm

I say that just competing in something like that would be a milestone for anyone.. to place as high as you did is fantastic. You should be very proud. Congratulations.
"Why let the truth stand in the way of a good fish story?"

Soldierboy
bass level

Postby Soldierboy » Sun Sep 22, 2013 3:07 am

Congratulations! I remember a few tournaments back we were all talking about if you can fish Lake Wilson and be successful fishing a heavily fished lake, you can be successful back in the main land. Well you just validated that statement. Keep it up! HFFA!
Accept the challenges so that you can feel the exhilaration of victory!

roadwarriorsvt
King Sushi level

Postby roadwarriorsvt » Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:34 am

We are all proud of you Chris. That's the way to represent! I'll bet KVD is getting a little nervous with you on the scene now! 8)

Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~ Henry David Thoreau

Baires722
King Sushi level

Postby Baires722 » Sun Sep 22, 2013 1:06 pm

Thanks guys. It was an awesome experience!

Return to “General Discussion”