Fishing in Branson

main forum

Moderators: Stan Wright, roadwarriorsvt

shanai
King Sushi level

Fishing in Branson

Postby shanai » Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:47 pm

Well, cross another bucket list item for this anykine angler. Spent a week in Branson Missouri taking care of my wife who always wanted to go there to check out all the shows. Who knew that Branson is also home to three world class fishing lakes.

My wife was kind enough to accompany me on a 1/2 day fishing adventure at Table Rock Lake. Table Rock is huge compared to our Lake Wilson, spanning more than 43,000 acres with 750 miles of shoreline.

We met our guide Tim Sainato (http://www.timsainato.net/startup.htm) at Moonshine Beach and launched at this boat ramp.

The ramp is so wide that even I don't think I would have a problem backing a boat down this ramp. They have a float that you can tie your boat up while pulling your trailer out.

The air was crisp, probably in the mid fifties, but the lake was calm. We hit a spot near one of the marinas and started casting carolina rigs. My first fish of the day was a spotted bass, they were all shaped like a mini footballs getting ready for the spawn.

Tim made the catching part of fishing easy as he put us on fish throughout the day and my wife was able to catch this nice smallie. The fish were concentrated in about 15 ft of water and we caught a few more spotted bass.

We moved to a different part of the lake and started using a med depth jerk bait casting towards the shoreline. We hooked into a number of white bass.

I caught my first smallie using the same jerk bait lure ( check out lure in left hand )

A northerly wind began to blow in the late afternoon and the water temperature dropped significantly but the white bass continued to bite.

Sadly all fishing trips must come to an end, but I made one last cast before we decided to head back to the dock. It was probably only about a second after the lure hit the water that I had another strike and fish on. This fish felt better than the white bass and as I brought it close to the boat, I could see that it was a nice smallie about two pounds. Just as I was about to lift the fish into the boat, he shook again and was a quick release.

All told, between my wife and I, three spotted bass, five white bass and three smallies, including the quick release 5 lb lunker ( *note: anykine fishermen tell tall stories that all fish lost are always the five pounders )

Anyway, if you're ever in Branson and looking to go fishing, give Tim Sainato a call (417-335-0037) or email: tim@timsainato.net) , I'm sure he'll fix you up.

:D steve
Last edited by shanai on Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Baires722
King Sushi level

Postby Baires722 » Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:45 pm

Looks like you guys had an amazing time! The lakes that run through the White River are some of the best in country. I had a feeling you would catch some spots when I talked to you at the last club tournament . Congrats on the catches!
"Nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught" -Unknown Author

Return to “General Discussion”