Blocked Access to North Fork ?

main forum

Moderators: Stan Wright, roadwarriorsvt

Stan Wright
King Sushi level

Blocked Access to North Fork ?

Postby Stan Wright » Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:25 pm

Anyone know anything about a rope blocking access to the North Fork just before the bridge?
Or anyone being the targeted by persons hitting golf balls.
"Why let the truth stand in the way of a good fish story?"

BASSTRACKER
King Sushi level

Postby BASSTRACKER » Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:30 pm

never seen a rope across the lake, someone trying a sea shepherd tactic maybe? golf balls at morgans point? have had them go by there and at mikimiki flats but not intentionally aimed i think. have been targeted up in north fork at crazy mans point by very large rocks shot from the wahiawa side by some kind of launcher awhile back. thought the first big splash was a fish till it was followed a min later by another then another. and then saw a rock the size of a softball arcing in the air toward us. got the hell outa there seeing as i didnt have the right equipment to level the treeline at the time. probobly kids anyway.

roadwarriorsvt
King Sushi level

Postby roadwarriorsvt » Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:41 pm

No rope present as of last Sunday. Why do you ask? Is there a rope across the lake? :?:
Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~ Henry David Thoreau

Ca_Bass
King Sushi level

Postby Ca_Bass » Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:26 am

I had some kids shoot a BB/Pellet gun at me once on may way back to the ramp just before the bridge. To make it even worse I had my son with me...he was about 3.5 at the time!
Luck is when opportunity and skill meet.

fisher dude
King Sushi level

Postby fisher dude » Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:54 am

Retrieved my boat under whitmore bridge yesterday cut ropes going across river they were using it to pull themselves across with there rafts and my boat!

roadwarriorsvt
King Sushi level

Postby roadwarriorsvt » Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:34 pm

Glad you got your boat back. Time for a stainless steel cable lock now.
Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~ Henry David Thoreau

fisher dude
King Sushi level

Postby fisher dude » Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:50 pm

Thanks! Yeah not putting it down there again! Just sold it and ordered my minn Kota v2 today to put on my 14 Livingston! Hope to build my deck and be out there before the summer!

Return to “General Discussion”