Boyscout island

main forum

Moderators: Stan Wright, roadwarriorsvt

BASSTRACKER
King Sushi level

Boyscout island

Postby BASSTRACKER » Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:47 am

Well it's only a matter of time before there's a camp on kemo'o island I guess . Gonna have to rename Boy Scout island to tent city island. Watch out for styrofoam boats crossing to, that's an accident waiting to happen

Filthyfisherman
King Sushi level

Postby Filthyfisherman » Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:11 pm

I talked to the guy two days ago.... Told him we were trying to get that island turned back into a Boy Scout perserve!!! He said that would be good!!! Really thats cool!!! I said "Yes" Please you can't be there,, Trying to bring Boy Scouts there to get merit badges!! Can't do that with all that trash and you guys there... He said it was the guys around the corner and he'd talk to them!!!! Still hasn't moved tho!!! I might take that boat should give it to Ray and the workers at the park!!!! Use it clean up banks aournd park area! They could use it make some casts after work! Also The boat that was stolen from TUC Bay should be returned to the owner!!!! Might have to grab that too!!

fisher dude
King Sushi level

Postby fisher dude » Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:38 pm

Wasn't a double hull white boat was it?

BASSTRACKER
King Sushi level

Postby BASSTRACKER » Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:00 pm

Looks like a 10 or 12' game fisher double hull with plywood on the transom. Fiberglass possibly

fisher dude
King Sushi level

Postby fisher dude » Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:02 pm

Thanx!

Filthyfisherman
King Sushi level

Postby Filthyfisherman » Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:10 pm

Game fisher is the guy at BSI... Two homeless took the boat in TUC bay that was up on the bank... They took that one up North to around the Bridge,, That one could be that double hull (white) fiberglass I think.... Is that yours??? I can try grab that for you tomarrow... Just don't know how these homeless will act... Most time I got Marcus or Brent with me, I'd rather deal with it when Im by myself. Sometimes I wish Manu was more intimidating.. I'll investigate tomarrow.. Marcus and I will be out testing lures and color combinations along with testing a scale and weigh-in procedures for the HBM tourney Sunday

Stan Wright
King Sushi level

Postby Stan Wright » Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:47 am

I spoke with Aquatic Resources and they gave me this phone number to call:
DOCARE 643-3567

In the first place I didn't like it when the state changed the rules and wouldn't let us (Boy Scouts) camp on the island any more.
As recent as last year we tried to allow troops to camp at the Freshwater Fishing Park (Camping is one of the key features in the master plan for the park) NO GO.

So I'm not real happy about someone camping there when we can't.
I've spoken with several troops and they would love to do a day trip to Boy Scout Island... fishing and cleaning up the place. Turn it back into a park like it use to be so Scouts, or anyone, could have a nice "park" to picnic and fish.
"Why let the truth stand in the way of a good fish story?"

Ahnkochee
King Sushi level

Postby Ahnkochee » Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:48 am

Stan Wright wrote:I spoke with Aquatic Resources and they gave me this phone number to call:
DOCARE 643-3567

When I worked for the state DLNR we used to refer to DOCARE as DON'T-CARE because it was almost impossible to get any response from them in a timely manner. :roll:
ImageIllegitimus Non CarborundumImage

Filthyfisherman
King Sushi level

Postby Filthyfisherman » Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:23 pm

Ya,,, I got that number too..... Its dissconnected!!!!!!!!!!! Doesn't call DLNR!!! Disconnected number!!!!! Honestly,,, A lot of people do not want to see DLNR patrolling the Lake,,, But we are getting to the point were we need them out there!!!! Homeless have trashed the place to the MAX!!! Rather have to drive slower and make sure I have license and vest and extinguishers,,, Than see this TRASH and Homeless everywhere anymore!!!! ITs really crappy! We pay Taxes!!! Sucks election time has past,,,,, Pretty easy getting these politicans to help out during election time.....

Love to see how our TAXES and Fishing license money is used!!!!!!! Public office they hold???

BASSTRACKER
King Sushi level

Postby BASSTRACKER » Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:31 pm

yep as cynical and political as it sounds, just like gun control and most other laws that restrict peoples rights. they only affect the people that obey laws. seeing as there is no enforcement things will go till someone gets hurt or worse. they just move from place to place without a solution i see more and more of them tossing trash into the lake.

fisher dude
King Sushi level

Postby fisher dude » Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:19 am

Hey filthy got to check tomorrow might be my boat. Don't live there anymore. Left boat for nephew to use.

BASSTRACKER
King Sushi level

Postby BASSTRACKER » Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:54 pm

boyscout island still occupied, he even went so far as to put " camaflauge" over his red and yellow "tent" looked like a termite treatment tent. think they are the guys from up under the bridge, same dogs and that would explain where they got the tent from, wonder if aloha pest is missing one? those guys are generally cleaner and friendlier than some of the others, guess thats as best as one can hope for.

Return to “General Discussion”