fluorocarbon

main forum

Moderators: Stan Wright, roadwarriorsvt

Struggles2Paddle
master baiter level

fluorocarbon

Postby Struggles2Paddle » Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:51 pm

Whats your favorite fluorocarbon for leaders? Right now im using seagur and i like the performance but its pretty expensive and (correct me if im wrong) I cant find it in hawaii.

I was thinking of using either P-line fluoroclear or Yo Zuri hybrid. what do you guys think?
All day I dream about fishing

BASSTRACKER
King Sushi level

Postby BASSTRACKER » Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:28 pm

seaguar is great but yes hard to find and expensive. personally ive become a huge fan of yo zuri hybrid line. most of my reels are spooled with it. got burned out on the problems with flouro and the lack of sensitivity of mono. yo zuri combines the best of both with good sensitivity and great castability with just enough stretch. for leader though id suggest pure flouro and since im more concerned with the braids quality, i usually just tie on 6ft of whatever i have on hand. think i have 8lb vanish right now.

Stan Wright
King Sushi level

Postby Stan Wright » Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:23 pm

:D

Guess I'm lucky that I only use 2 or 3 feet of the flora carbon line as a leader when fly fishing or on the end of the power pro line. I use what ever brand I can get.
"Why let the truth stand in the way of a good fish story?"

Capt Ray
minnow level

Postby Capt Ray » Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:22 am

You can go to Tackle Warehouse and purchase a spool of Seaguar Red Lable for about $12 for 200 - 250 yards and use it as leader. Much cheaper than buying the 25 yard spool of "leader" for $10.

I have been using the Red Lable for several years fishing both fresh and saltwater in Georgia, Florida, and California with no issues.

Ca_Bass
King Sushi level

Postby Ca_Bass » Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:19 pm

I do like the seagaur red label as well, even though it's much more expensive than mono it's on the less expensive side for flouro. If i'm fishing a bigger tournament though i will use sunline as I personally have found it a little more dependable. Bad thing is it's a little too stiff for to go on a spinning reel (segaur red label does OK on a spinning reel, especially if you use a reel that is a little oversised) , but it's great for baitcasters and leaders. I guess they have a finesse flouro for spinning rods but I haven't tired it yet.
Luck is when opportunity and skill meet.

Filthyfisherman
King Sushi level

Postby Filthyfisherman » Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:44 pm

Am done paying for shipping cost on line!!! Go for what ever you can find here on the island... Sports Authority has good selection!! Berkley Vanish can be found all over,, that'll do for finesse stuff,,, West Marine has P-Line!!!! That'll do for the heavier stuff.... Seagaur too....

Return to “General Discussion”