Free Trash Dump!!!!! LAKE CLEAN UP!!!!!

main forum

Moderators: Stan Wright, roadwarriorsvt

Filthyfisherman
King Sushi level

Free Trash Dump!!!!! LAKE CLEAN UP!!!!!

Postby Filthyfisherman » Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:07 pm

So Looking for a trash dump myself..... I found a Free Trash Dump right up at the Lake!!!!!!!!!!!!! If your passing the lake kemmo Pub on your right,,, Headed out torward North SHore when you pass WIlson's Discharge stream,,, when the road splits around that area on the Left is A City And County dump!!! Free for residents!!! Burnables and Non Burnables piles!!!!!

I Beleave on the Agenda For Hawaii Bassmasters is A LAKE CLEAN UP!!!!!!! THE TRASH HAS GOTTEN BAD!!! With the lake going up and down so much,,, the trash collects off the banks!!!! Surprised,, DLNR should be more worried trash doesn't get in their discharge valve and clogg it!!!!! So what I am thinking,,, in March,,, hand out surgical gloves, rubber coated gloves "yard gloves" home depot,,, Heavy,,, heavy duty Trash bags!!!! Couple boats,,,, Collect bags at ramp,, throw in back of my truck and head to that dump!!!!!

Heres a link to the trash dumps website
http://www.opala.org/solid_waste/Drop_o ... html#keehi

roadwarriorsvt
King Sushi level

Postby roadwarriorsvt » Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:23 pm

Just my opinion, but the DLNR could care less about Lake Wilson. It shows in their actions, or inactions.
Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~ Henry David Thoreau

BASSTRACKER
King Sushi level

Postby BASSTRACKER » Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:50 pm

its been my experience that a few dedicated individuals make more of a diffrence than all the govt in the world can. its a bandaid on a huge problem but its always satisfying to fish a bank free of garbage even if its only for a few weeks or so. perhaps a recyclable collection too. tons of bottles and cans out there for money.

Filthyfisherman
King Sushi level

Postby Filthyfisherman » Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:46 am

Ya,,,, I don't want to steer people away from Bassmasters..... But to start the club off on the right foot.... And I just want to clean myself! Don't care if it's just me doing the clean up..... But with that dump right down the street,,, it seems like a simple operation!! Just Dirty!!!!! pick areas,,, bag trash and leave the bags in areas to be picked up n brought to ramp.... I think trash spikes are the way to go... Stick with sharp poker... I might talk to some Homeless... Maybe give couple bucks to clean up there area???? The guy up North by my downed tree before the N Bridge seems pretty cool.. He is always there... Doesn't look too dirty, and fishing 24/7....

roadwarriorsvt
King Sushi level

Postby roadwarriorsvt » Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:23 am

A good project would be to have recycle containers at the boat ramp. They would have to be lockable so the residentially challenged wouldn't come and wipe out the collection. The park caretaker could use the money to benefit the lake/park.
Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~ Henry David Thoreau

Ca_Bass
King Sushi level

Postby Ca_Bass » Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:12 pm

Residentially challenged, well put :)
Luck is when opportunity and skill meet.

roadwarriorsvt
King Sushi level

Postby roadwarriorsvt » Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:10 pm

That's actually what we're required to call them now. Gotta be politically correct, even for non-tax payers!

chipster621
bass level

Postby chipster621 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:38 pm

At the last hatchery cleanup we dropped off the old fridge and freezer there. They also take batteries if you're looking to get rid of an old boat/car battery.

Also note that commercial vehicles are not allowed to drop off at the refuse center.

Return to “General Discussion”