Captain's needed for possible WTB Team Tournament!!!

main forum

Moderators: Stan Wright, roadwarriorsvt

Baires722
King Sushi level

Postby Baires722 » Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:04 pm

Yeah I was thinking about doing that but didn't know where to start. I'm gonna start on base with the local news paper and maybe write an email to Hawaii News Now. We'll see what happens, we're def. gonna have to figure something out with the parking situation. I might need to talk to the park ranger about some additional parking area.

BASSTRACKER
King Sushi level

Postby BASSTRACKER » Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:50 pm

sounds like the water is gonna be quite crowded too,might need to stagger the takeoffs like the bigger contests hahahaha. i hope theres enough water for us by august few feet lower and we will be fishing in a mud puddle together!

roadwarriorsvt
King Sushi level

Postby roadwarriorsvt » Sun Jun 03, 2012 7:58 am

Talk to Stan about how to contact the media. He's pretty good at it! :lol: Surprised he hasn't chimed in on this event. Have you heard if he and Chris are gonna participate?
Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~ Henry David Thoreau

Baires722
King Sushi level

Postby Baires722 » Sun Jun 03, 2012 4:36 pm

Actually I haven't. I was wondering the same thing. I emailed both places I talked about so we'll see if they respond back. If they do come, we might need a media boat. That way they can go around the lake taking pictures of the fishermen.

roadwarriorsvt
King Sushi level

Postby roadwarriorsvt » Sun Jun 03, 2012 6:08 pm

Oh the logistics,...... :x
Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~ Henry David Thoreau

Baires722
King Sushi level

Postby Baires722 » Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:07 pm

Update: I'm wrapping up the last minute details on the tournament and everything is going as planned. I am making July 1st the cutoff for anyone wanting to participate. I have to meet with the WTB to let them know how many boats we have and how many soldiers we can take, hints the reason there is a cutoff date. As of now, we currently have 23 boats participating, taking 25+ soldiers out. The lake is very low right now and I'm hoping we get some rain real soon!! If the water gets any lower boats might not be able to get into the lake period! Anyone with any questions or concerns please email me at baires0925@yahoo.com. I have the liability waivers and I'll be meeting with the park ranger next week about the parking situation, so I have that covered. Big thanks to those that have recently emailed to participate and the church that may be providing lunch for us.

Return to “General Discussion”